Tribute to Latestarter

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
OKAY! I have a special announcement!!!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

Mel has met his new mom and is headed for his new home this afternoon.

Are y’all ready ?????

B&B HAPPY GOATS!!!

B&B arrived at Joe’s house yeasterday afternoon and met Mel for the first time. It was love at first sight!!
View attachment 58928

@Baymule and I came to Joe’s house this morning and we have been having a PARTY!!!

Here are the three of us - left to right: me, B&B and Baymule
View attachment 58925

DV the picture of us is not showing!

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Im glad to hear that mel has such an awesome new owner. Its awesome to be able to put some faces to names with all the photos and to see all the support going out to latestarters family. @LatestartersDaughter he was an awesome person and though i never met him irl i had hoped to this fall on my tour de farms road trip. I hope you and the rest of your family is in good health.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have there been any developments on finding a home(s) for the goats? Where did the original ones come from?
How long will Brandy and her brother be able to stay?
I have posted all of the goats on CraigsList, pricing them individually and offering a 25% discount for buying the whole herd. I have also spoken with the owner of a local livestock auction, who thinks he might know a few people who might be interested in the goats. I am really hoping that we don’t have to go to auction with these goats, as they are purebred dairy goats, from excellent milking lines.

When Joey and Brandy go back home, DH and I will go back to feeding them everyother day. However that may change a bit, when kidding time comes. That concerns me, having to care for them long distance like that. It is a 45 minute drive each way (74 miles round trip) for us, which would make it hard to do it every day. Time will tell ...

@Bruce is correct the foundation does came from @goatgurl, which is where my original does came from. His buck, RJ came from a different farm. I do not know the name, but if I had to, I think I could find the breeder.

Last edited:

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
We actually know RJ's breeder, but because she signed over the papers she wouldn't be able to do anything with him :(

@Devonviolet do you have any local dairies? Quite a few breeders here supply dairies with good quality does, that might not cut it in the ring but are still nice animals. Just a thought. I really do hope someone comes along and give the girls a great home!
FB is another good resource. Look for goat groups in your area.

@LatestartersDaughter :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugsI know saying another goodbye had to have been tough. I am so happy Mel is in a wonderful home where he can just be Mel. I know you could get updates anytime from B&B!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seeing those pictures of Mel made me cry. He is such a special boy and I am so happy that he found a good forever home. A week or so after Mel was born my oldest LGD, Sigueme, had her last litter of pups. Mel came from a litter of all boys (nine or 10 pups I think) and I was teasing @Southern by choice about all her boys. Well she came right back at me with "Sigueme will have all girls...and she did...eight of them!!! I will always remember that story with a smile.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
do you have any local dairies? Quite a few breeders here supply dairies with good quality does, that might not cut it in the ring but are still nice animals. Just a thought. I really do hope someone comes along and give the girls a great home!
FB is another good resource. Look for goat groups in your area.
I’m not on FB, so that isn’t an option for me. I don’t have a clue how to start looking for goat groups in our area. Any suggestions?

I thought there was a goat dairy south of Sulphur Springs, but can’t find anything online, for local dairies. I did find one a distance away,, but their website said that they have so many goats, they are selling their own goats, so I figured they wouldn’t want to be adding more goats. To a certain extent, I am kind of out of my depth, and not sure what my next step should be.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wish I was in TX, I would buy them all. Are you able to sell them with papers? Do they have papers? I know that I had to file a form with ADGA in order to have someone else sign papers for me if I was unable to for any reason. You might contact the local 4H or FFA.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wish I was in TX, I would buy them all. Are you able to sell them with papers? Do they have papers? I know that I had to file a form with ADGA in order to have someone else sign papers for me if I was unable to for any reason. You might contact the local 4H or FFA.
No, there are no papers for Joe’s does. I’m not sure about RJ, I don’t think Joey’s wife found any papers, when she was going through things. But, even if he came with papers, I’m pretty sure Joe didn’t register RJ.

I’m just really tired right now, so I need to get some sleep. Tomorrow we are driving down to Tyler for a follow up visit with my surgeon. That always turns into an all day thing. But maybe on Tuesday I can check into 4H or FFA.