Tribute to Latestarter

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Bruce, i'm gonna spoil it for @Carla D, it's time to tell the rest of the story... couple of years ago joe came up from texas to buy some goats and when he learned that I had an extra pig he wanted to buy her too. the boy loved him some pork chops. nice old spot/large black gal that probably weighed close to 200#. he told me he had a trailer that he was bringing that had 4 ft. sides on it plus his back of the truck goat hauler that he had built for the 3 goats. I said "joe that pig will jump out of that trailer" and he said oh no way, I argued and said yes way and finally talked him into putting a cattle panel over the top which he did except he left about 2 ft. in the back open because the panel was a little to short. i'm like, joe I've got panels we can cut or some woven wire to cover the back but he's like no, no it'll be fine. soooo we load the goats and then load the pig. miss pig was raising heck in the trailer but he was ready to get on the road so down the driveway and away he goes. in less than 5 minutes my phone rang and it was joe. said as he crossed the Oklahoma line he saw the pig stick her snout up over the tailgate of the trailer and the next thing he knew she had cleared the back of the trailer, did a tuck and roll and headed for the woods. I never said I told you so but must have thought of it a hundred times. miss pig has since been seen on trail cameras in the area, less than a mile from my house but has never been captured or to my knowledge has she been killed. last pictures of showed her with a litter of pigs. i called him and told him his sow had piggies now we just had to capture them. as you can tell, to this day we have never let him live it down. I have to give him credit, he did come on BYH and tell everyone about his flying pig. and that is the rest of the story....
That is an awesome story to tell. Now I’m going to most definitely read his entire journal. Joe had such a way with words and flare for details, embellished or not. I can’t wait to see how he captured that event with his own words. I guess, pigs do fly. Not only was he great in the wisdom, encouragement, advice, and story department, he had a really big knack for bringing up some very interesting and thought provoking topics. In the first 72 pages he brought up a couple of them. He and a whole slew of other people have some very insightful and curious angles to some deep yet mundane topics. It incredible.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was in contact with the auctioneer, and he asked for a description, with details for each animal, to help them sell. So, I did that last eveneing, with a photo of each animal. He said he was going to post that in his ad for Monday’s auction. So, hopefully that will help bring a good price for Brandy and Joey. :)

I was in contact, with someone who is interested in buying some of these goats, and she is planning to go the the auction on Monday night, so it’s looking good for, hopefully selling them all.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Devonviolet I make a goat milk soap with coffee and coffee grounds added to it. I call it "odor off" but it is really "buck off". I made it the first time specifically to remove buck cologne and it really does work. It also works in the kitchen for removing odors from your hands and as a general scrubby type "gardeners" soap.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Devonviolet I make a goat milk soap with coffee and coffee grounds added to it. I call it "odor off" but it is really "buck off". I made it the first time specifically to remove buck cologne and it really does work. It also works in the kitchen for removing odors from your hands and as a general scrubby type "gardeners" soap.
I could have used some of that yesterday! LOL

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oooh! That sounds cool! Might you share your recipe in a PM some time? No hurry though. I’m still not on my feet long enough to be making soap and stuff.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love the top right one! It's small, simple and looks perfect for making into an emoji. Our taller emoji's like the bunny are 0.4 on my screen and the top right piggy is 0.8 on my screen so he just needs a 50% reduction in size to fit. He also looks like a vector image which doesn't lose quality when scaled up or down.

Last edited:

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Of all of these emoji’s my favorite is the top right, but since it is in the form of an image within a square, can it still be made/used as an emoji? I don’t know a lot about it. If that can’t be used I also really like the one that is top left on that list. Both of them are really cute.