1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Ear Tags - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Tribute to Latestarter

Discussion in 'Me, My Herd, My Family' started by Devonviolet, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Mar 12, 2019
    Ridgetop

Ridgetop True BYH Addict

So good to hear that the goats went for more than expected. Glad that Dot's kids are ok, too. It was the best of a sad situation, so I am glad that Latestarter's children don't have the worry about the animals anymore. I am particularly glad that you and your DH don't have to drive so far to care for the goats, or the worry of them being there alone without Mel to protect them.

However, I am worried about you and your foot. You need to keep your foot up for a couple days, ice it down, and rest. You don't need any more health problems. Aren't your does due to start kidding too?

It is still hard to believe that this happened. The postings all seem so quiet without him.

2. Mar 12, 2019
    HomeOnTheRange

HomeOnTheRange Mowing the Green, Green Grass of Home Golden Herd Member

x2

Devonviolet and B&B Happy goats like this.
  3. Mar 13, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Thank you Devon and DH for all you have done. :hugs

4. Mar 13, 2019
    Devonviolet

Devonviolet Herd Master

You’re so welcome, Bruce! And thank you, to all our BYH famiy and all the wonderful support and encouragement (especially @LatestartersDaughter and @SonOfALateStarter), through this whole process. I would have done it one way or the other. But, it sure does make it easier when one knows it is appreciated. :)

5. Mar 15, 2019
    farmerjan

farmerjan True BYH Addict

Sad to have the end of Joe's dreams, but it had to be. I admire that you did so much in the name of friendship and decency. I do hope that now you can take a break, get your foot back on the healing path. Glad too for the financial plus for both @LatestartersDaughter and @SonOfALateStarter .

Mike CHS, Baymule, Sumi and 2 others like this.
  6. Mar 15, 2019
    Ridgetop

Ridgetop True BYH Addict

Immediate worries over for now. The property sale etc. can be taken care of as Joe's kids feel up to dealing with financial matters. God bless them and Joe.