Tribute to Latestarter

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
To his close BYH friends who kept his secret, thank you for honoring his wishes. ..I am sure that was extreamly hard but very selfless of you.
It will be hard to imagine BYH without Joe,... Mr. Latestarter was a wonderful person on this site ...and was my first contact person when I arrived in goat crisis, the first to sound the alarm, the first to comfort.....
Be in Gods arms Joe and play pain free with your friends and animals that have been waiting for you,
you have been a friend to many here, always shared your humor and opinions....
Your herd is full of sorrow as we morn our beloved Latestarter.....run free, run wild and God speed my friend and know you are loved

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorrowful, painful shock. I am crying over the sad, sad loss of a friend I never met in person, yet felt a comfortable closeness to. None of us expected this, although we knew something was very wrong as Joe NEVER missed "talking" with us. Such a loss to all. My condolences to his family. All of us will miss his kind, friendly and funny communications. Today's report just seems unimaginable.

Go with God, Joe. Keep your usual watch over your BYH friends. :hit Now you are pain free - run with the herd. We all love you and you will be missed by so many.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
:(
I hate to hear this.
Talked to him early last week or late the week before (Feb 16th or 17th) and he sounded pretty good and was upbeat about being released from the hospital...said he expected to be released the following day or following Monday and he would let me know so I could come up and spend a few days till he got back on his feet but not to come until he let me know...as he put it "you never know what the Drs are going to do"..
I made plans, packed some clothes and waited, but did not hear from him again.

He was here last February, (2018) and he and I talked a little about our health problems. I could tell he had trouble walking and some respiratory problems then.
He will be missed.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
August 2016, when Joe came to look at his farm that he ultimately bought. Friends from the start.

1CE55F1D-0071-4749-B141-0286811113F2.jpeg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I cannot express any thoughts that have not been said here already. I always enjoyed his posts, and he was more a diplomat than most could ever be. My heart aches for those of you that knew him in person, and had time to spend with him and be in his life.
I hurt for his family, as I know that they meant more than words to him.
This is something I just never expected as I am sure most didn't.

May you rest in peace and enjoy the "farm life" in the everafter.

Latest posts