Tribute to Latestarter

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
@LatestartersDaughter your screen name is so fitting. You’ll have to take part here. You may not have a farm but you’ll always be welcome. I think that BYH will be a wonderful place for you to come when you miss him. You’ll find that he mentioned you a few times and that we knew some of your story. I’d wondered how you were handling losing him. I know he was your rock. Prayers during this time of grief! Please know that we are here for you.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@LatestartersDaughter , I'm sorry for your loss.
It is nice that you joined and logged on here, thank you for that. I hope you will stay awhile or log back on once in a while to let us know how you and your brother are doing, and of course give us some updates on little Elf.

I am so happy that Mel has found a new forever home!

As you know, private as he was, he did use a LOT of words to express himself. :lol: :gig :lol:
How true! There were many times when we told him "TMI LS!" :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh no!!! This is so very heart-breaking!!!! :hit

@Devonviolet thank you SO MUCH for posting this for all of us!

Joe was such a wonderful member of our community. We were all so lucky to have him here and I'm pleased that at least a part of him, his words, and personality will live forever in our hearts and here on BYH!

Yes, I'm very open to this! It would be good to use this sad situation as a way to celebrate Joe and any others we have and will lose! I'll work with @Sumi to make arrangements!

Thank you @Nifty and @Sumi for making this happen. It is healing for me when I use this emoji on TEG in remembrance of a much beloved member and it will be healing here too. Thank you both so much for giving us this wonderful forum for us to talk about our hopes and dreams, the ups and downs of farming, be it one chicken or a whole herd of animals. Thank you both so much.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is Joe's daughter Brandy. I cannot tell you what your kind words about my dad have meant to me. I haven't been able to read them all because I start a crying jag, but I will get there. He's always been my hero, an amazing man, who gave all his heart to me, my brother and sister. Losing him so quickly has been devastating. Your words are wonderful.

Mel and Elf was my brother (also named Joe) and I first concern. Unfortunately my living situation I couldn't take either of them though I would have smuggled them home with love. My brother was set to take them both until Devonviolet said she found someone who was willing to take Mel and give him a forever home with love like he had here. We knew he would be better with someone who could let Mel be Mel so that is where he is going. I going to miss that big goof so much though. Elf is going home with my brother. He'll have two other dogs and four kids to play with. He will be happy and loved!

Devonviolet is helping us with the goats as well. There are 5 that are pregnant and look ready to kid soon. I was actually set to visit my dad in 2 weeks to be out here when the kidding started. My brother and I are doing our best to do what is best for the animals and what we think our dad would want.

I know my dad was private, but if you have any questions I will be happy to answer with some discretion. Thank you again for the kind comments and the friendship you have my dad. I'm hoping it can help me through this time.
I am so glad that you have joined this forum. We live about an hour and a half south from Joe, we visited him and he visited us. @Devonviolet and her awesome husband have really stepped up, making this much easier on you and your siblings. By all means, read his journal. He posted his thoughts and his heart. Yes, sometimes it was TMI, such as going commando and sitting naked in his hot tub. LOL LOL I might not should have told you that...… ;) He enjoyed his farm, he was living his dream. How many of us get to do that? Let your heart smile through your sadness that he was living his dream. He loved his farm, Mel, Elf, his goats and looking out back across his own little world. Know that he had many friends here. He took trips to go see and meet members and then would turn around and head back home. He was the unofficial ambassador of BYH.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is Joe's daughter Brandy. I cannot tell you what your kind words about my dad have meant to me. I haven't been able to read them all because I start a crying jag, but I will get there. He's always been my hero, an amazing man, who gave all his heart to me, my brother and sister. Losing him so quickly has been devastating. Your words are wonderful.

Mel and Elf was my brother (also named Joe) and I first concern. Unfortunately my living situation I couldn't take either of them though I would have smuggled them home with love. My brother was set to take them both until Devonviolet said she found someone who was willing to take Mel and give him a forever home with love like he had here. We knew he would be better with someone who could let Mel be Mel so that is where he is going. I going to miss that big goof so much though. Elf is going home with my brother. He'll have two other dogs and four kids to play with. He will be happy and loved!

Devonviolet is helping us with the goats as well. There are 5 that are pregnant and look ready to kid soon. I was actually set to visit my dad in 2 weeks to be out here when the kidding started. My brother and I are doing our best to do what is best for the animals and what we think our dad would want.

I know my dad was private, but if you have any questions I will be happy to answer with some discretion. Thank you again for the kind comments and the friendship you have my dad. I'm hoping it can help me through this time.

In remembrance of your father let me also say to you :welcome

He loved greeting new people on BYH. I believe LS will be missed more then can ever be put into words by more people then can be counted. He truly left a mark on many peoples lives and will be missed greatly.

LatestartersDaughter

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score

My dad was private but since he was TMI too I thought you may all get a kick out of this. Hopefully the pic loads right. We've been going through old pics. This is about 40ish years ago when my dad was in boot camp. My brother and I loved seeing his military pics.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1551192478342.jpg
    FB_IMG_1551192478342.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 107

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My dad was private but since he was private but since he was TMI I thought you may all get a kick out of this. Hopefully the pic loads right. We've been going through old pics. This is about 40ish years old when my dad was in boot camp. My brother and I loved seeing his military pics.

Nice looking fellow there, thank you for sharing with us!

Latest posts