Tribute to Latestarter

LatestartersDaughter

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So he is registered and there are papers somewhere. Or not...it seems like ADGA can do paperless registrations now. @LatestartersDaughter have you found anything from American Dairy Goat Association? Maybe latestarter never transferred the buck into his name. Maybe he wasn't even an ADGA member. I "own" a lot of goats that I have sold...at least according to ADGA. But if he never transferred the goat then the papers should be there somewhere. Just a thought...it won't matter to some buyers one little bit.

I haven't found anything.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have posted all of the goats on CraigsList, pricing them individually and offering a 25% discount for buying the whole herd. I have also spoken with the owner of a local livestock auction, who thinks he might know a few people who might be interested in the goats. I am really hoping that we don’t have to go to auction with these goats, as they are purebred dairy goats, from excellent milking lines.

When Joey and Brandy go back home, DH and I will go back to feeding them everyother day. However that may change a bit, when kidding time comes. That concerns me, having to care for them long distance like that. It is a 45 minute drive each way (74 miles round trip) for us, which would make it hard to do it every day. Time will tell ...

@Bruce is correct the foundation does came from @goatgurl, which is where my original does came from. His buck, RJ came from a different farm. I do not know the name, but if I had to, I think I could find the breeder.

I may know someone interested in the entire herd depending on the price.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
While we were all visiting, I got some nice photos.

Here, @Baymule and @B&B Happy goats are chit chatting.
View attachment 58932

Here is Brandy, getting an adoring look from Mel.
View attachment 58933

Here, Bay is loving on Mel. He got a LOT of lovin’ today.
View attachment 58934

And here is Mel after he got into B&B’s pretty red truck just before starting his new life. He is going to have a great life with B&B. :D
View attachment 58931
I’m hoping @B&B Happy goats drives a little truck like a ranger, Dakota, or S-10. Because if that’s a full-size truck, well, I’ve never seen a horse riding in the backseat of anything. I’m so glad you got the privilege of sharing your herd with Mel. He’s going to have a really great life with you.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have posted all of the goats on CraigsList, pricing them individually and offering a 25% discount for buying the whole herd. I have also spoken with the owner of a local livestock auction, who thinks he might know a few people who might be interested in the goats. I am really hoping that we don’t have to go to auction with these goats, as they are purebred dairy goats, from excellent milking lines.

When Joey and Brandy go back home, DH and I will go back to feeding them everyother day. However that may change a bit, when kidding time comes. That concerns me, having to care for them long distance like that. It is a 45 minute drive each way (74 miles round trip) for us, which would make it hard to do it every day. Time will tell ...

@Bruce is correct the foundation does came from @goatgurl, which is where my original does came from. His buck, RJ came from a different farm. I do not know the name, but if I had to, I think I could find the breeder.
Could I ask what Craigslist list area the goats are listed under. I’d like to see RJ. I think I found them. Is this RJ? Handsome goat. If I found the post these are gorgeous. If I had the money and our own farm I would have loved to of bought the entire herd RJ included. Someone else bought the farm my hubby and I were trying to buy.

Attachments

• F7B29469-6543-46FE-850A-4E851E4195B0.jpeg
    F7B29469-6543-46FE-850A-4E851E4195B0.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Latest posts