Tribute to Latestarter

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What was priceless about Joe was that when he did something incredibly dumb, he’d tell us all about it. Like wearing shorts to mow a patch of Virginia Creeper and The resulting rash, whelps, blisters and insane itching. What was he thinking? :lol:

Or mowing under low hanging cedar branches and the needles going down the back of his pants...... he made it no secret that he never wore underwear. That one gave him a serious case of the red a$$ for sure!

Oh Joe, I miss your shenanigans!
:flypig :flypig :flypig

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
What was priceless about Joe was that when he did something incredibly dumb, he’d tell us all about it.
Yep. We could laugh and learn from his trials and tribulations. I think his willingness to show life as it is leads the rest of us to do the same. I doubt I'll ever be transporting a pig but if I do you can be darn sure the will be no openings big enough for more than a foot or a snout. And like Joe, that isn't something I would have thought about without his experience and the telling of it here.

sadieml

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I cannot express the depth of my sorrow over this tremendous loss. Latestarter was my first friend on BYH, as for many others, I'm sure, since he became an official greeter. He was always quick to respond to any appeal with wit, wisdom, and warmth. He was a genuine person. Never did he try to put on a show, but his natural humor made him a showman. When I first joined BYH, I was in crisis, and spent countless hours sitting-up worrying, and lurking on BYH. Joe and I would chat on some forum or other. His move to Texas was an experience we all shared, so many anxious moments. His first meeting with @Baymule and @Devonviolet and the inevitable friendship they formed.
I have popped onto the site a few times over the time that I have been inactive, but not at all since about January, hence my surprise at this devastating news. BYH will not be the same without Latestarter, but even with no internet I shall do my best to keep up with news around here. You are, all of you, special people who touch my life in so many ways. Latestarter was unique, his vibrance and love for his herdlife were compelling and true. He will not be forgotten.
My friend, you do, I know, rest in God's richest blessings, in His lushest pastures, and you are having a BALL...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I cannot express the depth of my sorrow over this tremendous loss. Latestarter was my first friend on BYH, as for many others, I'm sure, since he became an official greeter. He was always quick to respond to any appeal with wit, wisdom, and warmth. He was a genuine person. Never did he try to put on a show, but his natural humor made him a showman. When I first joined BYH, I was in crisis, and spent countless hours sitting-up worrying, and lurking on BYH. Joe and I would chat on some forum or other. His move to Texas was an experience we all shared, so many anxious moments. His first meeting with @Baymule and @Devonviolet and the inevitable friendship they formed.
I have popped onto the site a few times over the time that I have been inactive, but not at all since about January, hence my surprise at this devastating news. BYH will not be the same without Latestarter, but even with no internet I shall do my best to keep up with news around here. You are, all of you, special people who touch my life in so many ways. Latestarter was unique, his vibrance and love for his herdlife were compelling and true. He will not be forgotten.
My friend, you do, I know, rest in God's richest blessings, in His lushest pastures, and you are having a BALL...
We had a BYH party here yesterday, actually we called it a Poop Party, because I taught @Devonviolet and @Ridgetop how to look at fecal samples under the microscope. Ridgetop was sad at not being able to meet Joe in person, but he was with us in spirit. We spent some time remembering Joe and chuckling over his antics. He lived closest to Devonviolet and they visited often. @sadieml we chose the emoji :flypig for Joe to commemorate the time Joe bought a pig from @goatgurl and it flew out the back of his trailer going 60 MPH down the highway. When pigs fly.....