Triple Share Nubians 2019 kids and more

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, the last of my four boers Allie as a first freshener presented me with a single buckling.
IMG_20190328_192912746.jpg it isn't really obvious in the picture, but his head is actually a very dark brown. It's coming through from the sires Dam it is a cool color.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Next up, is the prolific and beautiful Dragonfly.she has had 11 kids over the last three years. It will be interesting to see what I get this year. She has a beautiful udder arch and produces over 12 lb of milk a day. She is bred to my new buck Woest-Hoeve SM Sean Boon. Since his dam and his sires' Dam took reserve and best udder at the national show last year and are both above the 90th percentile iniproduction, I am excited to see what I get.

SD- Woest-Hoeve Suidoni
xl_2018_636605507662037491~2.jpg
Plus this SSD-
Woest-Hoeve Margaret National Champion 2017, reserve 2018
md_2018_636529387383639105.jpg
Plus this my doe Dragonfly
334~3.jpeg
(Very thin just kidded a quad)

Equal ?????? :pop

Only one popcorn because of course I only get to see the beginnings next week. Udders are a long ways away.

Last edited:

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anxious to see what you get from this breeding! I have a weakness for Nubians, though I don’t currently own any.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Anxious to see what you get from this breeding! I have a weakness for Nubians, though I don’t currently own any.
Me too, of course I only get to see structure upfront. It will be a long wait for the udders.

So what do you have?

Last edited:

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Me too, of course I only get to see structure upfront. It will be a long wait for the udders.

So what do you have?

I have Nigerians and two dry yearling Lamanchas from SBC and GW. I just bought two F2 Mini Lamanchas last night. I have a lead on a Mini Buck. Basically, it’s the foundation for a Mini Lamancha program while having some Nigerians for off-season milk to insure that we have a constant supply for our daughter with extensive medical needs.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awards, but she produces a lot of really good milk.

Often the milk is better than the award! AND she should get an award for those quads!!:D

I love Nubians. Years back raised fullblood Boer and used many Nubians for both cross breeding and registered embryo implants for Boers. Way back when Boer were "new" :D =D

Now I keep Saanen, Nubian & crosses. Bucks are both fullblood. It is my intent to add a few Boer to the farm, since I decided I like the meat. Lot smaller than a cow. :lol:

Sorry you lost your beautiful doeling. It's so tough to accept. I know. :hugs

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Often the milk is better than the award! AND she should get an award for those quads!!:D

I love Nubians. Years back raised fullblood Boer and used many Nubians for both cross breeding and registered embryo implants for Boers. Way back when Boer were "new" :D =D

Now I keep Saanen, Nubian & crosses. Bucks are both fullblood. It is my intent to add a few Boer to the farm, since I decided I like the meat. Lot smaller than a cow. :lol:

Sorry you lost your beautiful doeling. It's so tough to accept. I know. :hugs
she does deserve an award for the quad especially when you consider that she has never had more than twins and was 6 this year. She's a great doe. She's milking over a gallon a day started that at four days fresh She rocks!

Last edited:

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Two my absolutely stunned amazement a doe that has never had less than triplets and usually has quads had a single doemng yesterday. of course this is the second year in a row bizarrely enough that she has kidded on April fool's Day last year it was in the snow and ice in the afternoon this year at least she had a good day for it.
At least if I had to get a single I am very happy that it was a DOELING! I had high hopes for her since she usually has so many bread to my new book, but I will not be greedy. :celebrate
:weee

IMG_20190401_183414178.jpg
IMG_20190401_195953797.jpg

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, yes -- AT LEAST a doeling!!:D And lovely, at that.

I had 2 mini Nubians a while back. Bought as mom & daughter on side. Mom had trips next time -- and everytime after. Dtr had trips from get go --3 yrs straight and always 3 bucklings!! The mom normally had bucklings, also -- but, one year slipped a doeling in the mix. :lol: I almost ripped her tail off, checking & re checking. I still have her and at 2 she will be a FF soon. Hope not boys. Looks like twins in there. The boys helped pay the feed bill from sales :idunno

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, yes -- AT LEAST a doeling!!:D And lovely, at that.

I had 2 mini Nubians a while back. Bought as mom & daughter on side. Mom had trips next time -- and everytime after. Dtr had trips from get go --3 yrs straight and always 3 bucklings!! The mom normally had bucklings, also -- but, one year slipped a doeling in the mix. :lol: I almost ripped her tail off, checking & re checking. I still have her and at 2 she will be a FF soon. Hope not boys. Looks like twins in there. The boys helped pay the feed bill from sales :idunno
yes in the last 3 or she had triplet quad quad and then this single :huh but last year she had three bucklings and a doeling and you're right the bucklings pay the feed bill since you can sell them off. But if I had to get a single at least it's not another single buckling. It also eliminates the need for me to decide what to do. I paid good money to have fancy buck, and I don't know what he's producing yet nor do I need the competition at this point.

Latest posts