Triple Share Nubians 2019 kids and more

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Linear went well enough.
The show junior show was my emphasis for what is essentially my first generation.
With several first place class finishes, second in get of sire, and those three taking 3,4, and 8th (two weeks old) in a class of fifteen with a huge age range from 3/14-6/14.
Here is Leta on the way to her first Champion lineup (not your grands Congratulations again to @Southern by choice @Goat Whisperer , but it's a great first generation start I think and I am excited for the future).
IMG_20190615_171038215_HDR~2.jpg
This is the two week old Jasmine pictured at one week that you have not seen yet.
IMG_20190609_181159815_HDR~2.jpg
The third of the three for get of sire was Leta that you have all seen.

Fancy also took a first, and then second to the doeling that went grand over the yearling with other good placings. Tiva was often third in her class. Given the size of the classes I was very glad to be finishing at the top most of the time. There was one class where I don't know what the judge was doing the whole class was all whacked around compared to the rest of the judges.
And now the long wait till they get udders.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, the birth of Jasmine and her brother 5/28 marked the end of my kidding season.

IMG_20190601_090808249.jpg

Time with the feeder grows short as the youngest in that group was born 4/15 (which is a blessing, but sort of sad). All but one of these are doelings a vast improvement over 19/4 last year. The other retained boy is already in the buck pen.
IMG_20190618_205557365.jpg

The birth of another heifer for Daisy marks the end of births for me (minus possible chicks).
IMG_20190620_182728441_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sunday I brought home the buckling I bought as insurance in case I don't get a doeling. I am and was on the list for a doeling from a fabulous doe who at eight just scored 92EEEE and milks two gallons a day. He is the half-brother to a buck I have been using out of a much better dam so he will be great for line breeding.
Night
IMG_20190623_194622659.jpg

I will try to get a better photo tonight, I was too busy last night getting everything finished and chores and feeding all those other lovely things.

Last edited:

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
: hide
Sorry it has taken a bit longer than I planned to get another picture. I had to give up for the moment getting a side view of him he's a little too attached when I'm there because he's trying to adjust to a new home.
IMG_20190626_195854801~3.jpg

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
ZINTET!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!! Finally something that is working thank God! :bow

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
more good news! three of the four girls that I tested on a one day milk test on June first got their stars:celebrate

I hope to do the full dhir in the future ,butf now this will do. the rest I didn't test for quantity I just checked their milk for butter fat protein etc. they were either young ones that I knew you weren't going to make it on a one day milk test m, or ones that had their Stars or had kids on them so I wasn't going to melt test them for quantity.

My three year olds Chaos, Gigi, and 2 year old first freshener Meridah made it.

the one that didn't make it had really seen a drop in production even more than the others with 13 and 14 days prior to the test having significant rain.

Last edited: