Trouble Bottle Feeding

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So, today my parents surprised me with two Nigerian bucklings, and we're having trouble bottle feeding, I don't know if they're just not hungry or not, ill try in the morning and see if they cooperate a bit more. They are both almost 3 weeks old.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I know get yelled at but only feed every eight to twelve hours and hold the bottle up above their heads and kinda back to make them bend their necks like they would when nursing from their mother

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I do that, but they never drink any milk....

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Were these babies bottle fed before you got them - or were they just pulled off their mama?

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
x2

If you are having issues I also recommend you talk to the breeder your parents purchased them from. If it's a good breeder they should be able to help you out.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am certainly not a bottle feeding expert - but if they are 3 weeks old and have never had a bottle - you are likely in for a tough time trying to get them to take a bottle now. Have you tried putting out some feed and hay for them to nibble? They may already know how to eat a little feed if they were raised with their mama.

Is it possible that the breeder would take them back and keep them for a few more weeks for you?

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
alright, my mom went out to talk to the original owner, and we actually got them to eat some.
And im not sure if the mother is still there since they are trying to sell the mother
nope, they were never bottle babies when we got them, they were just pulled from their mom.

Latest posts