Trouble???

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
One of my friends told me about his experience the other day. It seems that an acquaintance called him and asked him (my friend) if he'd like to see a wolf. My friend went to the tiny town where the guy was, and sure enough, there was a dead timber wolf in the back of his truck. My friend asked the guy if he knew that wolves were on the endangered species list, and the guy said he didn't know. He claimed to have gotten it from another guy who supposedly shot it. Well, the guy called the local conservation officer, and the CO showed up with a federal game warden. They identified the animal as a timber wolf, and examined it. While examining it, they were unable to find any bullet holes. However, they did find evidence that it had been run over by a snowmobile. Needless to say, these guys might be in a bit of trouble. I don't care if they kill wolves here, but I don't like the idea of running them over with snowmobiles. And---I can't believe that these guys were so stupid as to show everyone in the little town of about 250 what they had done. Trouble???

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Have they been watching our news? There were several deer run over by snowmobilers and then two different incidences of ducks-totalling something like 160. The deer guys have been caught and one of the duck guys turned himself in.

It does sound like trouble for those guys with the wolf. They weren't to smart either. I hope your friend isn't being fingered in it.

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Friend is uninvolved in the prosecution, but he may be called as a witness if these guys try to fight it.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Reminds me of a line I read the other day!

"Their IQ test results are in, it was negitive!"

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
ill say this them boys was just begging for trouble when they brought the wolve into town.an i dont know how the heck you could run over 1 with a snow mobile.looks like the wolve was the dumb 1 there.

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We are in flat, treeless eastern South Dakota, so if they caught the wolf out in the open it wouldn't have been able to get to cover. There are many people here who run down coyotes each year. The wolf just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Personally, I don't like the idea of wolves moving into this area, but I don't want people running down any animals with snowmobiles. Hope they throw the book at them.