Trying to plan out hay barn & pony shelter...

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:thI had two installed 18 yrs ago, 18X24, for only $595. each. Makes me glad to see my investment has increased in value. They are still in excellent condition, by the way! Mine have been very sturdy, they go up fast, and show little wear.

I've never regretted getting them.

I know people who put them end to end, added wood sides and made stalls inside. Cute, fast, decent cost. PLUS, they are moveable.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I could use these for covers for the hay feeders for the sheep out in the paddocks...
I have a few of them I got used years ago and still in decent condition...
Could also add them to the top walls of the horse shelter for more light.
Screenshot_20191024-222820_Chrome.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are doing your research on this. That is good, explore all your options, then choose what works best for you. Google carport barns, lots of people use them for that purpose.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
We used a carport to make our goat barn, did the sides with plywood, painted it then sealed it with polyurethane. ...love it :)

I wonder about painting the wood. One of the ponies occasionally thinks he's a woodchuck. :rolleyes:

I just remembered, they tend to like pooping and peeing in the barn when they had access to it...:sick
Maybe just closing east and west walls, too, so no one will get squished into a corner by that day's bully.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wonder about painting the wood. One of the ponies occasionally thinks he's a woodchuck. :rolleyes:

I just remembered, they tend to like pooping and peeing in the barn when they had access to it...:sick
Maybe just closing east and west walls, too, so no one will get squished into a corner by that day's bully.

I painted inside and outside to discourage any chewing, and for wood protection and looks....we don't have ponies, but the goats won't chew it :)