tsc company

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't know if it was by the way of Roll's help or not, but our tsc that we go to has upgraded, and you would not believe all the goat supplies they have, a little on the pricy side, but it's worth it, because no one else carries these supplies.:lol: found goat protein tubs in medium size for our goats and they love them, also larger probios tubes and applicators, vit b complex super complex!! and loads of other stuff that i cant find here. It's only 20 miles so worth the drive.

bjjohns

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
THe only farm supply we have around here (knox county ohio) is TSC, and quite honestly - They are crap. We used to live in Salem Arkansas (south of West Plains Missouri), and there we had Hirschs. I really would give my left arm to have one of them around here. A real farm store would be a god-send. Now, I mail order nearly everything.

The local TSC is a bit "Big Brother". My wife went in for a few standard stock supplies (Teramyacin eye ointment, and injectable liquid B vitamins). Nothing on the shelf. She asked, was told next truck. She went back after the truck delivery. She said something to the manager. Manager said "We don't have to keep everything in stock for you", so since she was upset she left. 2 Days later we get a call (We are not in the phone book, only registered as "Farm Use") that the stuff is in. We did not ask them to call, we did not ask them to look us up. We try not to go back now.

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That's too bad----I like all three of the TSCs I shop at, and the employees are all very nice and helpful. I haven't looked for the protein tubs yet---but if they don't have them, I know they will be willing to get some for me. When I first got my PBPs, they hardly had mini-pig food at all-----when they did, it would only be about 3 bags---now they have at least 8 whenever I go to get it.

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
For a while in feburary we were having trouble with ours stocking shelves or keeping things on shelves. It was just before the start of chick days and both of the stores near me just didnt have their head on straight.

I still shop there because the mom and pop feed stores are charging an arm and a leg and just aren't doing it for me. Tractor supply really improved within the last few months or so.

Recently they started carrying the noble goat grower 16 non medicated, grower 16 medicated, and dairy parlor 16. Just have to carefully read the labels because they share the same bag. I also found Vit B complex at mine. The Vit B complex was on backorder for the longest time but they still kept what they had in stock on the shelves. Anyone know if its readily available now?

The only thing I had to order online so far is Dimethox 12.5% oral solution, and copper and selenium/vit e supplements. I even found a section of goat collars and leads that were about the same price as the dog ones but made for goats.

ETA: mine have the protein tubs too but with only 3 young goats I dont know if I'd go through it quick enough!

zelloniszoo

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
i love tractor supply.....should soon have stock in that place.....only thing is they dont seem to keep alpaca feed in stoc but we do have a local feed store who has no problem keeping it in
:D

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Poorboys, I had nothing to do with it, it's just that the 'goat farmer' sector of their customer base is growing by leaps and bounds as goat fever spreads. I am amazed at all the chicken stuff we carry now. I mean, seriously? My granny raised chickens for 70 yrs w/ nothing but scratch grains. Now they have treats and coop defender and dead mealworms...:lol:

Bjohns, the problem with not having a number to call when the stuff comes in is...it goes on the shelf. You may not be the only one looking for it / waiting on it....so it gets sold...so then customers get angry b/c we 'still don't have it'......so we try to call customers who've requested specific products, esp. if they've complained about us being out, when we get them in. Not trying to be 'big brother', trying to get you what you want / avoid you being upset.

If the manager got crappy to your wife, or you have issues again, an email to corporate will get him talked to by the regional mgr...or worse.

I definitely spend more there than I will ever make. I'm one of our best customers....:hide