TSC Fencing quality?

Thefarmofdreams

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That is how I used my pasture.

It made it easier to keep any one spot from being overgrazed.

I also used it to limit fresh grass, since I had 2 horses that would get fat if given access to too much fresh grass.

Handy stuff those step in posts. And when using the step in posts as a pasture division I usually only put up one strand of electric rope.
This does sound perfect! Although with goats and donkeys in the picture, i have a feeling we'll need a few more strands. Plus we can run the chicken tractor through behind our horses/goats and then they have 2 rows of fence between them and the predators AND they can break up all the manure! (I get excited about the strangest things. :lol:)

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
This does sound perfect! Although with goats and donkeys in the picture, i have a feeling we'll need a few more strands. Plus we can run the chicken tractor through behind our horses/goats and then they have 2 rows of fence between them and the predators AND they can break up all the manure! (I get excited about the strangest things. :lol:)
For goats you will need electric net.

Electric rope or tape will NOT work.

I have no idea about donkeys.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong about being excited about that! I raise the Cornish Cross meat chickens in a chicken tractor and move it daily. I use it to enrich my poor soil. I get excited over a layer of chicken poop! :weee

LisaManahan

Just born
Reaction score
I looked around... it looks like the ones that I have are found at TSC

At least, that is what mine look like, and I didn't see any others on the internet that looked the same but were a different brand.

At any rate... I bought them.. maybe 15 years ago. They have always been stored outside, and only 1 or 2 have busted ( and we are incredibly hard on everything we own), maybe 4 we broke a plastic hook here or there. But since they are fiberglass and don't conduct, I would wrap the rope around the pole and that worked.

I used them for mobile electric fence. So they would be used for a paddock for a week or 2, move it, repeat. For maybe 2 or 3 months every summer. Then all parts stored outside, in all weather.

After horses they were used for lawn markers, and light fence work.

We tried them with goats but 4 hot wires were NOT enough for my goats.

We used them with electric rope, but the plastic hooks can hold other things too, not just rope.

I was looking at one the other day that was out by the chicken coop. Looks to be in good shape.

I now sometimes use them in the greenhouse to hold up tomatoes.
Well, Goats are escape artists. We have 5 lines on our goat pen. Seems to work well. Got our fencing supplies from TSC and our local Feed Store.