Turkish Boz Shepherd Breed Profile,,,attempt!

MonsterMalak

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest.

I will work on the breed page.

EllieMay
The Boz and Kangal are alike, as I have both. So enjoy your Kangal, they are truely a breed that is very different than other dogs. If you would like to just talk dog, I always enjoy that,,,haha.

I have never experienced BLOAT, and have never heard of it in the Turkish breeds. I change my feed for them without the slightest concern, leave food out for them 24/7 and have never had even the slightest upset.
They will also eat Cattle Cubes (steal them from the cows), pig and chicken pellets, and seems like any nasty dead thing they can drag out of the woods. I feel that the environment they came from with a history of being fed a poor diet may have developed a breed with less digestive issues.

redtailgal

Reaction score
I've enjoyed looking at your dogs, Monster. I have a large dog fetish myself, lol.

About the bloat, Its good to know that you dont have issues with bloat. I believe that you are right, the harshness of conditions will often help prevent issues. Mastiffs are prone to bloat......so it's recommended that you feed on a strict schedule, elevate the bowls and change foods very slowly. It is recommended that you start this routine as the youngest age possible. I haver NEVER done this with my dogs, lol. I have NEVER had bloat. Neither have any of my like minded friends. However, I do have a friend who has had issues with bloat from several different breeds of dog.......after she gets "off schedule". If you treat them like fine china, they quickly become fragile!

Dont forget to add a few more pics to your breed page............(esp puppies. Thats very important!;) )

crazyland

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
More pictures is a must for the breed page.
Since seeing your page initially a few months ago my husband has fallen in love with the breed. Eventually we will own one.

MonsterMalak

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I will get more pictures up soon. My time has been consumed with puppies.

Amazing, but I feel like the mother....

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
MonsterMalak said:
I will get more pictures up soon. My time has been consumed with puppies.

Amazing, but I feel like the mother....
Post pictures of the puppies!!!!!!!!!

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
I've enjoyed looking at your dogs, Monster. I have a large dog fetish myself, lol.

About the bloat, Its good to know that you dont have issues with bloat. I believe that you are right, the harshness of conditions will often help prevent issues. Mastiffs are prone to bloat......so it's recommended that you feed on a strict schedule, elevate the bowls and change foods very slowly. It is recommended that you start this routine as the youngest age possible. I haver NEVER done this with my dogs, lol. I have NEVER had bloat. Neither have any of my like minded friends. However, I do have a friend who has had issues with bloat from several different breeds of dog.......after she gets "off schedule". If you treat them like fine china, they quickly become fragile!

Dont forget to add a few more pics to your breed page............(esp puppies. Thats very important!;) )
You just like drooling men. :gig :old :lol:

MonsterMalak

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Actually they do not drool. Except right after drinking, or if panting heavy.....

I will post some pictures as soon as able. My laptop died, and the computers at work have photobucket blocked. :(

They are a week old, and weigh 2 pounds, 5 ounces on average.

MonsterMalak

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Life has been busy on the farm,,,haha.
But finally a sunny day, with some extra time to play with the camera.

MaxGoat.jpg

Max, a 15 month old male with an orphan goat.
MonsterGoat.jpg

Monster with a dog food stealing goat.
Divaheifer.jpg

Diva at 6 months with a heifer.
MonsterStand.jpg

Monster "STEALING A KISS"