Two headed calf

UncleHoot

Just born
Reaction score
Last I heard (Saturday), it was still alive, but these curiousities generally don't survive more than a few days.

100_0025_(Medium).jpg

100_0026_(Medium).jpg

100_0027_(Medium).jpg

100_0028_(Medium).jpg

Oh. I'm not looking for help here. It's just a calf that was born a few miles from me. The owner wishes to remain anonymous.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The poor thing. I think I would have to put it down if it were mine-knowing it's fate and all. Like you said they don't live more that a few days. There's usually things wrong internally too.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
thats the 1st time i ever seen a 2 headed calf like that.id go ahead an put it down.now years ago a friend of mine had a calf with 2 faces born.an i saw that calf in person.but i dont remember how long the calf lived.

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
poor thing.....I think I would have had it put down at birth too. But there is always the animal lover side of me, that would say, Well, maybe he has a chance....
Can it nurse? the mouth looks wrong. Hmm. It is interesting, from a scientific standpoint. Thanks for sharing. :)

UncleHoot

Just born
Reaction score
I've received word that it was still alive today. It's anyone's guess why. Since I don't personally know the person in charge of the herd, I can't answer that. It's a male.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I would imagine it is eating if it's still alive. When was it born?

Kute Kitten is sitting here beside me and says "That is wierd!"