Two ladies just arrived!!!

GrimshelsGrazingGoats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well went and got my first two PB kiko does today. We didn't really start off on the best terms I was the new mean guy that held em while they got their prison tats. Then I drive em 4 hours down the road. I know it's just nerves of the travel and new environment, but how long will this take to wear off? I penned em up tonight to maybe prevent any prison break attempts (fingers crossed). Is there anything I can pick up that will ease the nerves?

GrimshelsGrazingGoats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here are the pictures of them. Wife wants to call em Marilyn Monroe and coco

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 129

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I would say a margarita would work for you to calm your nerves! LOL! Now as far as the goats are concerned, it will just take time. Your being as consistent with feeding times and what you feed them will help. It will probably take a couple of weeks to get them settled in well. I would give them B vitamins for several days because when goats are stressed they don't utilize B vitamins well and they need that to help them metabolize their food effectively and might have some weight loss otherwise. You can get B vitamins as a bolus in an oral syringe and give every few days. Once you feel like they have settled in well you can back off on the vitamins. Are they socialized and do you want them to be if not? Just sit calmly in their pen as often as you are able and they will get used to you after a couple of weeks of that. Offer little treats and mostly likely with a little time they will come up to you. Takes time. Good luck with them. They are beautiful!

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
We always give a stressed animals probiotics and electrolytes. Both contain vitamin B. If they aren't eating much you can also give nutradrench.
Congratulations. Nice looking animals.:thumbsup

Latest posts