Two litters, foster or not?

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think it may might just be a fawn colored kit, it looked more yellow in person but now it's looking like Toffee from the previous litter.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Am I losing my mind or are these kits different colors? I know I have two castors and an opal, I think a fawn, and this dark one. It's similar to the opal but it doesn't look like it's got the same highlights as the opal. Are they both opal or is it a different color?? Pictured with the opal to the right.
KIMG6781.JPG

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Without checking the undercoat, looks like blue on the left and lilac on the right. These are dilutes of black and brown respectively. The undercoat will tell you a lot and coat colors can change slightly as bunnies age. you will know better around 2-3 months old.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love that pale grey color.
I'm pretty sure it's sable agouti (A-, B-, cchl c, D-, E-), Cinnamon has thrown one each of the last two litters. Previous litter also had dilute sable agouti too, which is what I think the other fostered kit is.

Picture of the other kits from Cinnamon, she had a good mix of colors this time, only one repeat. Do you think the dark kit could be seal? I don't know if both parents have the self gene, but both have grandparents who had/carried it.
KIMG6822.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Paprika's kits refuse to stay in the nest box: I discover them out, remake the nest hollow, put the kits in, come back at next check and they are ALL out. Once the little chunkers started hopping back out while I was still standing there. Cinnamon's kits have been staying in the nest box so far. All their eyes are open though so they will probably start hopping anytime too.

I weaned 3/5 of Pepper's kits today. I wanted to wean some of Coffee's kits too, but the grow out cage was discovered to have a hole. I should be able to patch it tomorrow morning and move the kits. I'm going to see if I can make a bunny bag so I can tattoo the ears as I separate for weaning. That way I can start to track their weight. I tried to gender Pepper's kits a few days ago and I think they might be 4 does 1 buck.

Latest posts