Udder on 4 month old doe?!

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I just came back inside from checking on the goats. I noticed that strawberry is starting to get an udder, it's visible when she walks past you. We checked her. I checked the other two girls that are older than her, they do not look like this.

She has not been around a buck since she has been here. We have had her less than a month. Born 6/22/16. Boer/nubian cross.
What could cause this?
strawberry.jpg

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Seeing it freaked me out. My other two girls teats are up close to stomach, not like this. Glad to know it's normal.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
All my goats udders have been really close to the stomach. But like @Green Acres Farm said could be precocious udder.

@lalabugs Do you know if her first owners had a buck with her?

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have a young goat with a "mini" udder. Not precocious, but more grown than others her age.

Reactions: TAH

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She has not been around a buck since we brought her home. Have had her about a month. The previous owners said that the ND buck did break into the doe pen. How long he was in or if he mounted any of the does. That was not said. (She told my husband when he went to pick up strawberry, he did not ask.)

I have not seen a heat cycle out of strawberry yet. However i'm not sure when boer/nubians start going into heat. I know that Chocolate (ND) & Willow (Mini Nubian) started going into heat at 3 months.

Chocolate & Willow are easy to spot when they're going into heat because they become EXTREMELY vocal. Chocolate & Willow went back into heat 2 days ago.

Since we have not even considered breeding her until next breeding season. I have not been paying attention to if strawberry has had a heat cycle.