OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
@OneFineAcre how about showing what the 2018 ADGA National 1st place aged doe udder looked like? :love

If you insist :D

Side View

2018 Nationa Show Zamia.jpg

Rear View

2018 National Show Udder.jpg

Donna R. Raybon

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Nubians loud? When we used to show it was the Alpines and LaManchas that talked all night! Even now if I go visit someone's herd, it is not Nubians making noise. When I had +60 head you would visit and only hear swish of feet through the grass. Anyone screaming meant something very wrong!!! Baby lost from momma or someone hung up in fence, or some other catastrophe. Now with a herd of nine, quiet unless something wrong.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nubians loud? When we used to show it was the Alpines and LaManchas that talked all night! Even now if I go visit someone's herd, it is not Nubians making noise. When I had +60 head you would visit and only hear swish of feet through the grass. Anyone screaming meant something very wrong!!! Baby lost from momma or someone hung up in fence, or some other catastrophe. Now with a herd of nine, quiet unless something wrong.

At the shows... in our experience Nubians and Nigerians.
Here we have our first bratty lamancha that is loud. We realize it is just her in heat. and oh my..........
Lamanchas are known for being very quiet so that is very interesting.
I do wonder if the Nubian line has something to do with it as well. There are quite a few herds we have seen that are quiet and are only loud at feeding time pretty much like most goats.
Then there are others. We see in groups where neighbors have complained because the nubians were so loud.

Like anything they are all different.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
At the shows... in our experience Nubians and Nigerians.
Here we have our first bratty lamancha that is loud. We realize it is just her in heat. and oh my..........
Lamanchas are known for being very quiet so that is very interesting.
I do wonder if the Nubian line has something to do with it as well. There are quite a few herds we have seen that are quiet and are only loud at feeding time pretty much like most goats.
Then there are others. We see in groups where neighbors have complained because the nubians were so loud.

Like anything they are all different.

Our 2 mini mancha's are loud each month when they are in heat.....but we have a wether right now that is the loudest of all :rolleyes:

Donna R. Raybon

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Here is one of my good-ish udders (IMO). I like pretty much everything about it except for a major lack of capacity. Nice height, attachment, teat placement, orfices, texture, and medial, just way too small for a Saanen. However, if I could get this exact udder on one of my Nigerians I would be so happy!

View attachment 51456 View attachment 51457

If this is a first freshener? She is fine, even for Saanen. Much better off with capacity increase at later freshening. I have seen first fresheners blow suspensary, medial with too much capacity!!!

Donna R. Raybon

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Our 2 mini mancha's are loud each month when they are in heat.....but we have a wether right now that is the loudest of all :rolleyes:

yes, there are always 'talkers' among any breed. My own seem to always be lower on pecking order and a bit high strung. I have had over the years a couple that were post child for screaming goat. But, out of over 500 goats through 30 years, two or three mouthy ones is not too bad.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mine are Nubians they are quite when I am inside but the moment they see me or hear me they start talking loudly lol. They do talk if they are separated or have a issue. However the other day when we had a fox vistor they where completely quite. So but when Daisy had her head stuck she kept yelling.