Unbelievable flooding on the Llano River, Llano Tx

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've been over the Llano River bridge in llano dozens & dozens of times and it's always been 30-40 feet from the bridge down to the water.
It's within just a foot of exceeding the early 1930s flood, which this bridge was built to withstand.
LLanoriverbridge.jpg

Same bridge as above:

Difficult to fathom a West Texas river rising 29 feet in 24 hours but it did.
llanohydro.jpg

Another bridge is washed out on FM 2900...youtube video is out there.

Same river is flooding downstream at Junction (on I-10). Wife and I went tubing on the Llano at Junction several years back..over a decade. The only river tubing we ever did where we had to paddle ourselves along because of a lack of current.

Last edited:

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wow. We sure have had a lot of rain the past week. It's not rained since this morning for us in the South Dallas area. Nice to have a break. :D

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Saw a smaller bridge taken out on news this AM...may be the one you reference. Water is just so unfathomably strong! When I heard "flooding in TX" I immediately replayed those pictures of your property from last year and said "OH, NO!" hope GB wasn't part of this!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's weather for ya'. From one extreme to another, drought to flood. That's a LOT of water, especially in west Texas.