uncoordinated newborn piglet

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So further to my recent post of the arrivale we have an issue with the first born. It is one of the bigger piglets (not that any of them are huge) when it was born it would stagger all over the place, fall over and walk backward..... obvously something happened to it neurologically at birth.... now 5 days later it still staggers and fals but can find mommy and it nursed just fine but is still desperately uncoordinated..... I am wondering whether we cull it or perhaps some intervention will help, does anyone have any ideas for us?

p.s. I know its terrible but we have named it "spaz"... we would like to to survive!

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We had one in our last litter that had a club foot and was not doing well for the first 24 hrs. Now he's one of the biggest. If it's going to be a butcher pig as long as it can eat and eliminate and isn't in pain... I say let it live it's little spazzy life.

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
SuburbanFarmChic said:
We had one in our last litter that had a club foot and was not doing well for the first 24 hrs. Now he's one of the biggest. If it's going to be a butcher pig as long as it can eat and eliminate and isn't in pain... I say let it live it's little spazzy life.
SFC that was out thought as well however mother nature decided for us.... he must of suffered some sort of air deprevation at birth (he was her first born).

RIP Spaz... :hugs