Understanding FAMACHA & Fecal Analysis

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Southern by choice submitted a new resource:

Understanding FAMACHA & Fecal Analysis - Parasite monitoring methods

EPG Counts, McMasters Method, 5 Point Check* System and FAMACHA*

5 Point Check* and FAMACHA* are copyrighted

Most are familiar with the FAMACHA* method, or the basic "eyelid" check.
Many goat owners use this method to determine whether their animal may have a parasite load that would require treatment. However, many using FAMACHA* have not been properly trained in this method. The FAMACHA* system should never...

Read more about this resource...

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm adding a link that you can use to get your Famacha Certification and they will also provide you with the Famacha card after you complete it. It's a good resource and takes right around three hours to finish. It's set up so you can do it as time comes available so you don't have to do it all at once. It's easy to understand and will give you a lot of help I think - it did us.

U of Rhode Island:

https://web.uri.edu/sheepngoat/famacha/

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm adding a link that you can use to get your Famacha Certification and they will also provide you with the Famacha card after you complete it. It's a good resource and takes right around three hours to finish. It's set up so you can do it as time comes available so you don't have to do it all at once. It's easy to understand and will give you a lot of help I think - it did us.

U of Rhode Island:

Thanks Mike! I am not sure when they started doing this online. It use to be you had to be present and do live evaluations with a certified instructor. I think it is great.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

U of Rhode Island:

Thank you so much. I cannot get over how kind and generous everyone is in here. It’s a garden of knowledge. Simply amazing.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got our original cert and card through UT but the online course is the real deal and a whole lot more extensive. You do have to take a video of you actually doing the FAMACHA euation.

Latest posts