Undeveloped fetus? - WARNING - possibly graphic kidding picture

Mini-M Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
After looking over the pictures we took when Oreo kidded, I noticed one that dear husband took that looks odd. She kidded triplets, but I think she might have been pregnant with quads in the beginning and one didn't develop. This little bubble come out at the same time as the third doeling. At first I thought it was part of the placenta or afterbirth or something (I don't know what I was thinking at this point - lol). But after I look at the pictures, I think this might have been another kid bubble. I don't know why it matters, I just wanted to know what you guys thought.

768_oreo_kids_01-23-09_225.jpg

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just a normal afterbirth.

Neighbor's granddaughter stopped by last night to see babies. Only the red heat lamp was on in the barn, casting an eerie red glow over everything when Clover's afterbirth passed. Poor kid. "W-w-what's THAT?"
It did look kinds freaky in the red light

dkluzier

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I thought the same thing with my Babylon who had a bubble like that with the afterbirth. thought there was another baby coming.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Yeah, those darn bubbles have cost me many extra hours in the barn waiting...is that a kid bubble, or just a bubble bubble???

I wish I could 'bounce' goat bellies and feel kids like some old pros I know can. I just can't get the hang of it.

ThornyRidge

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
yup normal looking birthing goo.. and I might add she is veryclean!!!!

samplekasi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It was kinda interesting when our first goat had a still born baby she had that bubble. Hubby and I had watched NUMEROUS you tube videos of babies being born I thoguht that it was afterbirth hubby wanted to bust thebubble like you might if there was a kid inside so he could get to cleaning up the mess. I refused to let him as I figured the extra weight on the placenta would help it out it seemed to be taking her forever. you are not supposed to tug on it but I figured if god made it happen that way maybe there was a reason. So I leave afterbirth bublles intact, I have heard of other people bursting them but I just watchand wait and them do the clean up. I had one of them soak my shoes once it was nasty and the shoes had a direct toss into the trash. Thank goodness it was not my boots.