Up to my ears in meat rabbits.

Kbrown94

Just born
Reaction score
Is there anyone in Oklahoma that buys meat rabbits by the truck load?
If so what’s the lease amount they will buy at a time?
an how big do they have to be?
an what it would be per rabbit/pound?
Thanks to everyone in advance

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cull buyers around here will buy for $1-$1.50 per pound. At that rate it makes more sense for my family to butcher and eat. But I do take some of our smaller breeds that don't sell or one that we just can't eat, to someone who makes natural dog food. I do take them to her, but she is only about 20 miles away.

Kbrown94

Just born
Reaction score
Cull buyers around here will buy for $1-$1.50 per pound. At that rate it makes more sense for my family to butcher and eat. But I do take some of our smaller breeds that don't sell or one that we just can't eat, to someone who makes natural dog food. I do take them to her, but she is only about 20 miles away.
Where is that lady located at. I’m in se Oklahoma around poteau.

Kbrown94

Just born
Reaction score
Have you tried listing them on Craigslist list or Hoobly classifieds ? I have good success on those two sites :thumbsup
We have done that and sometimes we sale out faster then we can breed. Then other times we are sitting on them for a while. And our freeze is full I can’t fit any more in it.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Check with ARBA - American Rabbit Breeders Association. They used to list commercial rabbit buyers by state. Some commercial buyers have a route where they will come pick up, others you deliver.