Update - Help identify chick breeds.

Chicken Girl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The first one maybe a Production Red or New Hampshire Red (just throwing a guess out there :p).

Misskyo

Just born
Reaction score
Tsuki is actually darker than the picture shows, same with the one in the first pic, my camera just would not pick up the right lighting.

wishing4wings

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Where did you get these chicks? It helps to know if they are from a hatchery or may be barnyard crosses.

Jaiden might be a buff Cornish. Looks very solid and stocky. And you said it is heavy!
I'm not sure of Tsuki's breed, but thinking it's a cockerel. That's a lot of comb for such a young chick.
Oddball is a Salmon Favorolle. You will need to learn how to trim and shape her beak or she will have trouble eating.
Nero looks like a Wyandotte.

Misskyo

Just born
Reaction score
They are from Hoover's hatchery and all are supposed to be female so hopefully she's just a masculine young lady lol

Misskyo

Just born
Reaction score
Well than I really hope s/he is the only one lol. We just had to get rid of a bunch of roosters from our free range mutt flock.

wishing4wings

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
They are from Hoover's hatchery and all are supposed to be female so hopefully she's just a masculine young lady lol
Most hatcheries will only guarantee 90% accuracy for vent sexing chicks, which is as much art as it is a skill. Of course sexlinks and autosexing breeds are almost 100% sexable. I looked through Hoover's available chicks, and did not see buff Cornish, so Jaiden must be something else. What was your order from Hoover's? I saw the assortments they offered and we might be able to narrow it down. Hoping Tsuki is a pullet!! :fl