Jasper----update

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Got a small break in the rain. Here is Jaspe
20170111_105558.jpg
20170111_105644.jpg
r, he's standing next to my sister's wether. Jasper is 4 months younger than my sisters wether.
He still only comes to my youngest daughter. He likes loves from everyone, but when he's out running around he will only come to her.
Not sure on his weight, its been awhile since we weighed the boys. He is a little woolly mammoth right now.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you.

Have a question about marshmallow. She's gaining & growing amazingly. She still wont touch her minerals or BOSS. I noticed she has REALLY dry skin. Now she's chewing her tail. The lice are all dead that she had. I have checked multiple times.
Could it be mites or minerals or something else? Here is a picture of her tail.

marshmallow.jpg

Her current weight is 17.6 lbs. Her weight when we brought her home was 11.7 lbs on 12/29/16.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Question regarding marshmallows hooves. They're indented. I'm assuming that it was from being malnourished?

Is it possible that she'll be able to grow them out normally?
marshmellow 5.jpg

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
As of yesterday Marshmallow is up to 27.4 lbs. She's gaining & growing amazingly. She's like a dog to my husband. He clicks, she comes running. Anyone clicks she looks at you then walks away. Unless you have grain.
Dustin.png

My husband called her, she came running. Put her on his lap. She started falling asleep.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Marshmallow is now 41.2 lbs! Not sure where she should be as an almost 7 month old Mini Mancha. She has gained a lot! She is growing. I'm beyond excited with her gain. We have come a long way with her. She's almost as tall as Honey. I know she is still small, but she's growing. :)

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Mellow.jpg

Marshmallow is now 48.3 lbs! Here is a picture I took of her a couple days ago. Rose the Nigerian behind her.

What is a good breeding weight for a Mini Mancha? We're not considering breeding her until after she's a year. That's only if she is big enough to be bred.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
She is looking fantastic!! You've done a great job with her :thumbsup They look so content.

We breed when they are about 65#.
For her I'd wait a minimum of a year, like you said.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
My mini alpines are 75 and 70 lbs. I eould breed the bigger one but not the smaller one at their current weights (part of that is she is narrow more so than her actual weight). I am being conservative and waiting until fall so they will kid the spring they turn 2. I would say they're comparable to mini manchas.