UPDATE Miller is thriving... mommy sheep is lopsided.. thoughts?

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
one of our Katahdin ewes birthed twins the Saturday before last... other mature ewe is much larger (having had a single 15.5 poundr last year!!) larger than the first ewe and larger than last year....

We keep checking her whohaa... somedays we think yay... they she giggles and doesn't birth. She's eating like a big... understandable. Poor Mr. has been getting up through the night... Monday night at 3am and last night at 2:30... nada. His early morning tromps have even irritated the piggies to the point that they broke out of their pen and when we got up at 5am there they were wandering around the yard! :gig

I say enough... give birth already! :hu

genuck

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am waiting too. I have 2 first timers that have been bagged up for over a week now. No goo, no discomfort, just really really hungry. Lets hope they all go soon!

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
well last year she lambed a week after the first girl... no idea when the first year freshners are due but I better have one of them sheared

Erins Little Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
When our suffolk ewes were beginning to lamb I checked to see if they had lambed every so minutes!

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
the ones due now are katahdin and must be shy... they seem to lamb at night but we also work in the city and are gone 11 hours a day so checking every few minutes would be impossible :lol:

Erins Little Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
2 of ours lambed then the rest didn't lamb for almost a week! Oh okay. Yeah I couldn't wait until mine lambed

Cornish Heritage

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
LOL! I have 6 first timers & 1 old girl left to lamb WAY after all the others. Most of them look like they should have lambed a long time ago. Most of our sheep lamb at night but we leave them to it unless we hear someone in distress. I need my sleep :)

Hope they lamb soon for you.

Liz

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my girl to lamb. She is not bagged up and is not due til april, so i'll be waiting a while.

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
she has bagged up almost 2 weeks ago, filled up a bit more today.... could watch the lamb (s) rolling and kicking the last few days.... she was only a week behind the last girl last year.... we are just urgh! lol... I have taken Monday and Tuesday off so hopefully, sigh hehe still have several other sheep and three goats!

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
1174_2012-03-12_134639.jpg

poor girl, babies are rolling around and you can watch them beat her up!... she's pretty restless today, she lays down and her belly and udder is squished to the side!

and this
1174_katahdin_ewe_lamb_born_march_5_2012.jpg
is the reason I am so anxious to see more lambs, katahdin ewe lamb born Mar 5th... her brother is hiding.

The ewe in back of her is the still ready to pop girl above.

Latest posts