UPDATE Miller is thriving... mommy sheep is lopsided.. thoughts?

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
false labour... braxton hicks... something, she didn't lamb through the night and Simon let her out this morning with the others before we left for work. Its chilly here today and we have a freezing rain storm last night... same for over night tonight. Hopefully she doesn't decide to lamb today outside now that I am safely at work an hour away! lol

nomad

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We noticed that when the weather would take a turn that is when our sheep lambed or goats kidded. I think it may have something to do with the changing barometer.

Maybe she will "hold off" until you return home.

I hope you will be able to laugh when retelling this lambing saga!

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
well last year they just surprised us... both within a week of each other. this year one of them was put in her pen and we expected her to go within a couple days... next morning twins! The weather went from 20 degrees C on Monday, 3 degrees C yesterday... freezing rain last night... its snowing and expecting freezing rain too.

yikes!

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
nope, babies are still rolling... she is still pigging out, she is getting extra grain so she's probably working us! lol

Remuda1

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ha! She just might be :) . Anything yet?? I waited two whole days before I checked back in with ya, LOL.

Kristi

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
NO! grrrrr, if she follows a proper cycle last year she lambed a week after the first girl... if thats the case then it wont be for another week!

carolinagirl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
And I thought only goats were drama queens. Looks like sheep are too.