Update on Dolly Lamba with wet butt

Natisha

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Just a quick update.
I shaved 2 small spots on Dolly's butt & put a skin ointment/protectant on that area & she is staying dry with no wool to wick up the urine. Her skin has remained healthy.
I did find out that Dolly does not like being clipped.
I'm very happy.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Natisha said:
Just a quick update.
I shaved 2 small spots on Dolly's butt & put a skin ointment/protectant on that area & she is staying dry with no wool to wick up the urine. Her skin has remained healthy.
I'm very happy.
YAY! :celebrate Simple solutions usually work the best!

She will get used to getting clipped. A&D ointment or Bag Balm (both very cheap) will be good...

Natisha

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
Natisha said:
Just a quick update.
I'm very happy.
YAY! :celebrate Simple solutions usually work the best!

She will get used to getting clipped. A&D ointment or Bag Balm (both very cheap) will be good...
Thank you! Yes, I'm using A&D, it wipes off easily to be reapplied.
She's learning new tricks too.
Search & rescue=I hide & she has to find me. It's funny, she'll call out, then it will be quiet until I hear her doing that hopping run until she gets where I am. She knows all my hiding places.
King of the Hill= I have a big pile of crushed stone & she'll climb it when I point to it, like an agility dog, then another point sends her leaping off. All for a cookie.
Knock over the wheel barrow=she pushes over partially filled wheel barrows when I'm cleaning stalls. I don't like this trick so much but she delights in it.
I may be crazy or have too much time on my hands, possibly both.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
So glad to hear Dolly is doing well and you found the solution! Sounds like she really is a doll with the way she is fond of playing with you.

I don't think you are crazy, sounds like a really great relationship! I think relationships with animals are the best kind. :)

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
You could have the next Lukas. Click here for Lukas' Story If you persist in teaching Dolly, you could really make some amazing progress with her. She seems like an unusually bright animal. And what a fun adventure to train her. There is lots of animal behavior that we don't know about to be learned from smart animals like Dolly Lambda.