*update video pg 7* Newfreewill Rabbit Adventure

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes it is. After all the reading and research I have done I am shocked at how well she is doing. Once get the grow out pens made we will be breeding her again.

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
*Ruby & kit Update*
The kit has grown A LOT and is now looking like an actual rabbit! I will take some pictures tomorrow. Ruby has decided that there is not enough stuff in the nesting box she has pulled so much fur (i took the fresh stuff out and saved it for future litters) and torn more of her cardboard nesting box. She had a full thing of hay:hu

We will removing all the rabbits to the new hutch tomorrow. I can't wait to have them out of the house!:weee
Here are some pictures (before the handles and latches added)...
IMG_0707.JPG IMG_0708.JPG
Two does on the ends with the buck in the middle. We have the roof to add & paint (needs to be above 30 degrees for 2 days ) but for the time being they will be in the garage.
IMG_0709.JPG this is the doe's part (Onyx will be in there until we build another hutch for him)
IMG_0710.JPG This is the "hide-hole"/nesting area for the doe
IMG_0711.JPG this is the bucks part (topaz) we be adding his board in the middle floor part
IMG_0712.JPG this looking into the doe's (ruby's) from the bucks (topaz) we put 2 2x4's and double chicken wire (with about a 1 1/2 gap) hopefully this will be good enough.
IMG_0713.JPG we put a board up so onyx & topaz can't see each other. They have met though chicken wire before and they were both very aggressive.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Wow... now that is a rabbit mansion! looking sweet!

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you :]] We had no plans, my husband is not one to follow one set of directions, so we kinda made it up as we went along.

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Everyone is outside! We put topaz and onyx out yesterday afternoon, topaz is the one with most anxiety so we thought it was best not to put ruby in just in case he started freaking out. They both ate,drank, peed and pooped last night so I would consider that a win!

Ruby was not very sure but ate her BOSS right away. I lined the hide-hole/kiddling area with hay and the add the fur that was on top of the kit. I blocked Ruby's entrance so I could put the kit in with out her trying to jump in. She waited by the door the whole time, when I unblocked it she sniffed my hands and the checked on the kit, jumped back out and drank some water.

Oh and Ruby and Topaz met through the chicken wire. When she was done sniffing him and went to a different part he thumped his foot like "hey get back here!". He actually seems to be more calm having her in there. He didn't try to hide when I brought the kit out.

*Ruby's kit update* 11 days
I tried to get a picture but my phone is crap. Its eyes are open and is covered in fur. He was so wiggle when I but him in a box to take him out side I though he was going to pop right out! I'm not sure how big a kit his age is supposed to be. Does any one have a size reference? I just wonder if he's on track.

Last edited:

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He can drive me crazy (I like having a plan :p) but he is amazing at making things work. We don't have the money for new tools so we did all the cutting with a circular saw and a lot of the hardware was from all our hoarding. We did a lot of extra work to minimize any lips so it will be easier to clean.

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We got another silver fox rabbit!
This is sapphire she is 2 months old and so tiny!
We had the breeder tattoo her before we took her home today so her ear has been a little droopy. She eat hay the whole way home and is now sitting in a corner wondering why its so quiet (the breeder had it colony style so there was a lot going on on her old home.)

Attachments

• 0325171648.jpg
    0325171648.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 86

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sapphire is doing great. Eating, drinking, pooping and peeing.
Its nice and sunny so we did weights today.
Onyx 4 months 24 days is 7 lbs 8 oz ( 3/6 was 6lbs 14oz)
Topaz 5 months 26 days is 7lbs 14 oz (3/6 was 7lbs 10 oz)
Ruby 4 months 24 days is 8lbs 13 oz (2/23 was 7lbs 2 oz)
Sapphire 2 months 6 days is 2lbs

edit: we use a kitchen scale that is semi unreliable, we mostly just make sure that they are indeed gaining weight.