*update video pg 7* Newfreewill Rabbit Adventure

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well Ruby has started making a nest at day 20. Hopefully this is just her way of of doing things and is not a false pregnancy. She has also started to be super friendly asking for attention every time I pass by her cage. Crossing my finger for a large healthy litter! :fl

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I use the gravity fed, J-feeder. 5" for a buck, and 7" wide for does that will have a litter in with her. The 7" also works ok for a grow-out pen. They stay cleaner. You can fill it and it will usually feed for a good couple days or more, and no flipping it over!

Where do you buy them?

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mama Ruby has finally started making a nest in her hide-hole! I missed getting a picture of her hay staching. Thankfully I decided to but the pine shavings yesterday so I dont have to destroy her hard work. SAM_5449.JPGSAM_5450.JPGSAM_5454.JPG

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ruby had her kits! She has 4 healthy black ones and 1 DOA. Pictures soon to come.

I do have a question, the DOA was very pale grey skin and looked under developed but the same size as the live ones. Does anyone know what would cause this...

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
SAM_5649.JPG
SAM_5650.JPG

They are super wiggly and vocal! I think Topaz (the sire and ruby's next door neighbor) is more upset with us getting them out than ruby is....
Two of them have a small white spot on there head. The parents are supposed to be 100% silver fox (we have pedigrees). Is it possible they are not or is this something that pops up in silver foxes?

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How sweet! My buck is Silver Fox but none of the does, it is neat to see the full-blooded kits.
CONGRATS!!

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you! I did some ready and the white spots do show up in silver foxes. I was hoping for a bigger litter, but I cant complain to much because she is a great mom and we are breeding for our own consumption. When our blue SF doe gets to breeding age it will be nice to have a foster mom back up plan. Not sure if its due to her breeding too early or our blue bucks sperm. Only time will tell.

Last edited: