Updated...February - Doodle kidded, pics page 32

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Excuse some of these shots, I couldn't get most of the girls to step away from the feeder and I took them before I did the morning 'pen fluff' and put down fresh straw.

Creampuff, now on day 152

bellypuff.jpg

bellypuffback.jpg

Her roomate, Nissan...due anytime from now til Feb. Her belly is nearly touching the ground.

bellynissan.jpg

One of the new does, Jaz...due date unknown but HUGE.

bellyjaz2.jpg

bellyjaz.jpg

Other new doe, Dixie...due the end of Jan.

Dixie.jpg

bellydixie.jpg

Itty Bitty...isn't itty bitty any more. Due after Jan. 19th

bellyitty.jpg

Levi and Foxy...both due the 3rd week of Jan

bellyfoxylevi.jpg

Levi's side view

belllylevi.jpg

Doodle and Dazzle...wouldn't cooperate much.

Dazzle due later in Jan, Doodle 1st week in Feb...

bellydoodledazzle.jpg

bellydoodledaz.jpg

rebelINny

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Can't wait for pics. I should be having some of my own to show to the end of Jan-early Feb. CAN'T WAIT! Its all to exciting.:barnie

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good grief. I feel for those girls and for you! Hope yer all rested!!

BTW - is that a sheep I see in the 8th and 10th pictures? If not, sure is a wooly goat!

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
big bellies!!! my herd queen is pawing, streching, but sometimes she does that for a couple of days before she delivers. nice udders on them girls::gig

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Yep, that's Pokey Sheep. She's older than dirt and I keep thinking
"This will be the winter that does her in" but....
she keeps on keepin' on.
Last time she was weighed, she was over 300#.
She's a Hampshire Suffolk cross.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nissan is HUGE compared to my kiko girls! Cleo started bagging up 2 weeks ago and she doesn't even look pregnant! It looks like Nissan is shorter than mine. They are all tall girls. Even Fat Girl who will drop kids any day now isn't hanging that low!

They all look good Roll....... Very nice girls.

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow that's some big bellies! Nice goats. I am off to look at a 2 yr old Nubian that my friend brought home. She's never been bred and she's a bit chubby.At first she said she was keeping her so I gave her a quick look see. But now she wants to trade her for piglets so we'll see. She doesn't have a buck right now and I do, wonder if I can get her bred before he isn't interested anymore this year. A little nervous about bringing her into a herd with everyone preggers but your girls look happy so maybe it will work. She is bigger than the ones I have, I am a bit nervous that if she is pushy and she will hurt them. Will she if she lets me handle her ok, I'm going to go look her over and trim her feet etc. I love Nubians tho so good chance she's coming home. If she is pushy to start she can live with my buck for a while til most have kidded. He's very calm.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I've never considered Nissan 'short'...it's just that gut of hers is so low. She's at least as tall as my boers, and taller than some....only thing taller are the toggs and the lankier Nubs.

When I shave her udder / tail area, she gets this look on her face like, "Oh for Pete's sake, I'm a KIKO, you don't shave Kiko twee twees..."

I just don't like them to have icky / messy back ends post kidding. And hairy udders.

Starting w/ dairy goats really ruins you for hairy udders and icky backsides, lol.

I just took Ms."Honors the doe code to the Nth Degree" Creampuff for a long fast walk earlier.

She came back and went right.................to sleep.

*bangs head on desk*

Speaking of Creampuff, anyone ever seen such a ROMAN nose on a goat before? I swear she's got the biggest honker I've ever seen.

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I was going to say something about her nose, but thought maybe it was the angle of the picture!

Just curious - what kind of clippers do you use and how soon before kidding do you shave them?