Uploading pictures to BYH

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Curious if the policy has changed on the forum to where you have to load your pictures on a hosting site and just use that sites URL rather than uploading to BYH directly. Where I use to get the option to browse and select a picture to upload, now when I select image or insert I get a tab where I can insert a URL for the pictures location.

I tried earlier to upload some pictures in a thread that I started in the Fencing Forum and couldn't and now I can't even upload in our own Journal.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey @Mike CHS , there hasn't been anything changed on our end.

Have you followed the various instructions here:
http://www.backyardherds.com/threads/how-to-upload-pictures-attachments-images-to-byh.27262/

Also, watch the video in that post to see if that helps.

If you still have problems, please come back to this post and reply with all the information requested in that article above, especially:

1) Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
2) Have you deleted your internet cache / browser history of files and tried again?
3) Have you tried a different browser? This allows you to test if it is a browser specific problem vs. a computer / network problem. We suggest Google Chrome or Firefox.
4) What are the EXACT steps you are taking to post an image and let us know what exactly happens so we can try to duplicate the problem. Again, we need exact and detailed steps, links, errors, etc.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks Nifty -I'm using Firefox and tried all of what was suggested. I just tried pasting pictures and that will allow me to post pictures again. That is plenty good enough for now without messing with anything else.

What is happening now - at the bottom of the reply window there is 3 tabs - post reply, upload (I think) and More Options. The middle tab is white so since I didn't see anything I didn't try to use it. It does function normally now when I select it so I now have a button that has no label but works fine so my problem (actually a non-problem) is solved.

Again - Thanks You