Urban Coyote Visit

dogginfox

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Well its 4:08am and there is STILL a medium sized Coyote less than 50 feet from my back property line!!!

About 2 hrs ago I was awakened by the corgis going crazy in the back yard, it sounded like a real deal dog fight, I ran out to the back and there was a Coyote running back and forth along the fence snapping at my dogs!!! I ran up and put the flashlight on him and he bolted into the woods, 10 min later same thing, now he is bedded down and I can see his eyes glowing back at me he does not seem scared at all and that worries me! dogs bark ,I yell and throw things. and he is not moving! I got a warning for shooting a fox last year that was attacking one of my ducks, So I called the police and they said to call the DNR, DNR is not open so I leave a message, call the sherrif's office no answer call the animal control and got the answering machine, Called the police back and I cant shoot it unless I use a bow! Don.t have one!

Its going to be an interesting day tomorrow trying to find a loophole in the city code so I can dispatch of this guy if he trys to stay around

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Where I live we go by the 3-S rule. Shoot, shovel and shut up. Try a high power pellet rifle. It probebly won't kill it but it will make it think twice about comming back. They are quiet and in most cities legal to fire.

For long term, invest in a bow and get good at it. A decent compound bow is not that expensive.

stano40

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
He sounds like he's really hungry. Do you know of anyone close by that has a humane trap (hav-a-hart). These are safe traps and all you need to do is place a piece of fresh chicken in there. Once you have him trapped he can be relocated somewhere else. Like the DNR's house or even the sheriff's office..... :lol:

the funny farm6615

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Be very careful, it may have a disease. To be so close and not seem to be too afraid of you or your dogs!

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Urban/suburban coyotes have little fear of humans, so it is not ALWAYS a sign of poor health...but do be careful.

I have considered getting a bow myself, or taking javelin throwing lessons from the local high school coach! I have been known to throw a hay fork and a San Angelo bar, with poor results..... :rolleyes:

Latest posts