URGENT MY RABBIT ISNT pooping. (UPDATE)SHE IS STARTING TO POOP

adorable

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I notice that one of my rabbit isnt pooping. I cleaned out her tray yesturday and there isnt not one poop berry in there. I gave her some hay and she just sits there. Her food isnt moving in her gut. I do know that she will die if i dont do something. BUt what. I need help fast.

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about rabbits (even though I have a buck) but I'm guessing you can give her a probiotic to get her gut working.

adorable

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
UPDATE....I just gave her a crushed up tums mixed in water in a syringe. I forced in her . Her belly is very big. I massage it to try to get the air out. I am giving her an hour and go back and check on her again. Giving more water in a syringe. I am trying to safe this rabbit. Should i try something else. ? Or maybe another tums.I think she is bloated. I have to get that gas out.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I only know about goats but sometimes baking soda and a small amount of water takes care of bloat.

Be careful with a rabbit though because you may want to give a small amount of baking soda.

adorable

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I was thinking of that thanks. My husband went into town to get some yogurt. I will put some baking soda in it .

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am not sure if I would have done the tums, unless you know for sure they can have them. I know it will make a birds tummy explode because they can't pass gas. Sorry I don't have anything else that you can try, I don't know much about rabbits and bloating.

adorable

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I just gave her gas x tablet. I am waiting an hour and giving her another dose. Hoping by morning she would of eaten her hay. I have been massage her belly.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Are you sure it's bloat? Could maybe be an obstruction. Like a hair ball?

My only suggestion with a bunny that's not pooping is to see a Rabbit Vet. All I know is that when a bunny is sick, they will not show how sick they are until it's way into the illness. And not pooping is serious.

Wishing you luck with your sick bunny.

K

adorable

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Being commercial i dont bring them o the vet. I go to the vet to get meds. If they will sell to me. Other than that i try myself. I dont want any rude comments about not bring her to the vets.I have to check on her this morning to see if she ate anything throught the night. I will be givng her mineral oils morning and tonight. She still fights with me to take her out of the cage. WHich is a good thing/ MY fingers are cross for her eating .

For the bloating, Yes she was. She isnt anymore. The gas x worked, If things are not moveing in the gut. It builds up gas. Rabbits are allot like horses. If you can give meds to a horse. You can most of the time give it to a rabbit.