URGENT MY RABBIT ISNT pooping. (UPDATE)SHE IS STARTING TO POOP

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
adorable said:
Being commercial i dont bring them o the vet. I go to the vet to get meds. If they will sell to me. Other than that i try myself. I dont want andy rude comments about not bring her to the vets.I have to check on her this morning to see if she ate anything throught the night. I will be givng her mineral oils morning and tonight. She still fights with me to take her out of the cage. WHich is a good thing/ MY fingers are cross for her eating .
No rude comments here. Understand commercial. Hoping the mineral oils help. And continuing to fight you is a good sign. Fingers crossed for you.

K

adorable

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I gave her a tablespoon of heavy mineral oil. At half hour she started to nibble her hay. Yaa. I hope she continues. I give water to her about every hour or so. Tonight she will get another tablespoon of mineral oil. I have to go to town and pick up some Kift. It is a heavy probitics. (sp.) Liquid form. I will give that to her later.Then i will leave her alone for the night. Looks like it is improving a little bit. But no poop. There will be no poop for a few days.If i can get her to eat a bit more. Still not peeing either.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
adorable said:
I gave her a tablespoon of heavy mineral oil. At half hour she started to nibble her hay. Yaa. I hope she continues. I give water to her about every hour or so. Tonight she will get another tablespoon of mineral oil. I have to go to town and pick up some Kift. It is a heavy probitics. (sp.) Liquid form. I will give that to her later.Then i will leave her alone for the night. Looks like it is improving a little bit. But no poop. There will be no poop for a few days.If i can get her to eat a bit more. Still not peeing either.
You got her eating a bit. Sounds like the heavy mineral oil is doing something. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully you will see those litte "forget me nots" as my DH calls them. Amazing how much we wish for poop when there is none being produced.

K

adorable

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Amazing how much we wish for poop when there is none being produced.

That is so true. She isnt eating per say. Just i say her eating the romaine lettuce and a little nibble of the hay. I didnt see her doing it since. But i am not in the barn all day either. I just came back from giving her some probiiotic fermented milk, It has a billion bacteria per 100 ml. She got a full dose of it. she wasnt to happy with me. I bought more romaine lettuce as i gave all i had. I am trying to space it apart of each other as i give her stuff. She is still fighting me . Still good. NOt drinking on her own yet.another does of mineral oil at supper time.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
adorable said:
Amazing how much we wish for poop when there is none being produced.

That is so true. She isnt eating per say. Just i say her eating the romaine lettuce and a little nibble of the hay. I didnt see her doing it since. But i am not in the barn all day either. I just came back from giving her some probiiotic fermented milk, It has a billion bacteria per 100 ml. She got a full dose of it. she wasnt to happy with me. I bought more romaine lettuce as i gave all i had. I am trying to space it apart of each other as i give her stuff. She is still fighting me . Still good. NOt drinking on her own yet.another does of mineral oil at supper time.
Sorry, went back and re-read your post about eating. Wishful thinking on my part, I guess.

Hoping the probiotic fermented milk works. Sometime we have to do something that doesn't make them happy for their own good.

Please keep us posted. Hoping for the best.

K

adorable

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well, here is another update. She ate a little bit of an apple and half of a leaf of romaine lettuce. It is a start. I am very excited about it. She isnt out of the woods yet. But at least it is something. And she is also starting to groom herself. ... I gave the second dose of heavy mineral oil. In a few hours i will give her more the milk. THen that is it for the night. Start all over again tomorrow.

adorable

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
she is still with me and she nibbles on some hay . Not allot . She still isnt drinking . still giving the mineral oil and yogurt milk. That is about all i can do for her. THis might take a while or not work at all. As soon i see some poop then i will stop with mineral oil . Hoping she makes it that far.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
adorable said:
she is still with me and she nibbles on some hay . Not allot . She still isnt drinking . still giving the mineral oil and yogurt milk. That is about all i can do for her. THis might take a while or not work at all. As soon i see some poop then i will stop with mineral oil . Hoping she makes it that far.
How did your doe do over the night? Hope she's eating and definitely pooping.

K

adorable

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She ate some hay threw the night and did drink a little of water. She also pee. I thought great it is a start so i stopped forcing water as she is drinking on her own now. THat was about 7am this morning.At 10 am i was done cleaning everyones trays.I went back over to her to see if she drank anymore water and i notice some poop on top of the wire. It was a little long to be able to go threw the wire so i grabbed and put it in the garbage so she wouldnt get it over herself. I was jumping up and down. i was so happy.:weee.:weee. I wasnt so happy to see a rabbit poop before. Right then and there i new there is a very good chance of her surviving. My hard work is paying off . I stopped the mineral oil and only giveing one dose a day of the Milk stuff for bacteria in her stomach. SHe isnt eating any pellets , Just some romaine lettuce and a little hay. I am going to give her a piece of apple tonight. I also stopped giveing the ACV in her water as i dont think she really likes it. It might of been the whole thing that started all of this. If a rabbit goes off its water it will not eat. I will know if her water intakes gets better than i think it is the acv . But i really will not know that for sure.