Urinating.

PendergrassRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am no goat expert but I know mine are healthy and very happy. We currently have them roaming free in our large backyard. They would normally be out with the horses but what with the cost of hay...I decided to allow them to just mow the over grown yard. They love it. They hop up on everything, try to sneak into the house, they chase the dogs, they sleep smack in the middle of the yard every night. They are very friendly and will walk right in front of you as you make your way to the back gate to go out to the barn. They like to stop and block your way for butt scratches :)

Anyway, I noticed a pattern that has been going on. They pee almost every time I walk out there. Why do they do that? lol. They will walk right up to me as I am walking through the yard, squat and pee, usually synchronized.

Thoughts?

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Usually if they've been laying down they will potty pretty soon after getting up. However, if they weren't laying down first and they just pee when they see you - I dunno...maybe they consider it a form of goat greeting, lol!

Latest posts