USDA Census. Comments?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awful lot of personal questions. Think I threw the last one away. Or husband submitted.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
They just have to wait. They want cost, profit, loss before I even get it all together to file taxes. I will answer it, but not right NOW!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a lady find me on the 16 acres we had in Livingston, taking an agricultural survey. It was muddy, black gumbo, I was about midway in the property, saw her and walked toward her thinking who the He!! is walking around on my land! She wanted to know what animals I had, how many, did I have any other animals and info on neighboring parcels of land. She was from the state.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a lady find me on the 16 acres we had in Livingston, taking an agricultural survey. It was muddy, black gumbo, I was about midway in the property, saw her and walked toward her thinking who the He!! is walking around on my land! She wanted to know what animals I had, how many, did I have any other animals and info on neighboring parcels of land. She was from the state.
Yep, that's what they'll do sometimes if you don't send the survey in..AFTER a dozen phone calls to tell you it's REQUIRED BY LAW and ask you to answer the questions by phone....
Mine's still unopened, on the dashboard of my truck from where I picked it up at the mailbox a couple weeks ago.

(is it my imagination or does this thing come around twice more often than the 'people' census?)
Note the date on this thread:
https://www.backyardherds.com/threa...ain-usda-census-time-to-count-the-herd.15722/

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I see it every year...maybe not but it seems like it.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The less anyone knows about my back yare, the happier I am. I worked in a field closely monitored by the USDA. They are only as good as their inspectors, and many of them are inept. Opinion based on 25 years of interaction with USDA veterinarians.