Attachments

• 163475354377331333736569105702.jpg
    163475354377331333736569105702.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 135

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those definitely don't scream open.
Personally I'd count 145-155 days since last exposure to a buck or recently neutered wether and watch her until then, comparing development via pictures as you go. Goats are tricky. She could go either way, but I'd definitely start to wonder if she were mine (strongly with that udder and glowing doe stamp and a lack of heat signs).

Good luck!

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Those definitely don't scream open.
Personally I'd count 145-155 days since last exposure to a buck or recently neutered wether and watch her until then, comparing development via pictures as you go. Goats are tricky. She could go either way, but I'd definitely start to wonder if she were mine (strongly).

Good luck!
Okay the day I picked her up was the last day she was around other goats. I have no idea how many bucks the lady had. I think 8/17 was the date. I will double check the date and start counting. Thank you so much.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Agree. Looks like pregnant! 😁

In first pics, you can see definate belly drop along with the udder. She won't go until Jan, IMO. Maybe Thanksgiving .... Congrats! Too late now.

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Agree. Looks like pregnant! 😁

In first pics, you can see definate belly drop along with the udder. She won't go until Jan, IMO. Maybe Thanksgiving .... Congrats! Too late now.
Wow! Thanksgiving would be awesome. My birthday is the day after so that would be a great gift.. if they are healthy. Do the normally have 1 or 2? I guess I need to start learning all I can!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok. Ok....I'm only guessing!!! 😁 only photos but, I'm thinking somewhere around another 4-6 wks. I look at udders and teats on mine. You can check ligaments but mine don't like that! With a first freshener, they haven't always read the instruction books. But, if mine that's where I'd guess her to be.

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok. Ok....I'm only guessing!!! 😁 only photos but, I'm thinking somewhere around another 4-6 wks. I look at udders and teats on mine. You can check ligaments but mine don't like that! With a first freshener, they haven't always read the instruction books. But, if mine that's where I'd guess her to be.
Right I know you are guessing.. but I like your guess. Some people think she is just fat. I am clueless. This would be her first kid. I surely don't know so I guess we will wait and see.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just FYI for the future of your goat adventure: Bucklings need to be separated from does including mom, sisters, herd aunties quite soon as starting around 6-8 weeks they can extend and therefore breed (short 2-3x daily supervised nursing sessions okay). And doelings cycle way too early too, as now you know-I've heard 8-12 weeks. So you may need to set up a monastery after she kids if she has a buckling. But having an "uncle" wether will help as bucklings transition.

With any luck, you'll have just does.

Sorry it looks like you get dumped into "breeding" now. Some breeders don't seem to think their doelings will cycle so young or bucklings be up to the task. And now if all goes well it looks like you might get some bonus goats.

Last edited:

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just FYI for the future of your goat adventure: Bucklings need to be separated from does including mom, sisters, herd aunties quite soon as starting around 6-8 weeks they can extend and therefore breed (short 2-3x daily supervised nursing sessions okay). And doelings cycle way too early too, as now you know-I've heard 8-12 weeks. So you may need to set up a monastery after she kids if she has a buckling. But having an "uncle" wether will help as bucklings transition.

With any luck, you'll have just does.

Sorry it looks like you get dumped into "breeding" now. Some breeders don't seem to think their doelings will cycle so young or bucklings be up to the task. And now if all goes well it looks like you might get some bonus goats.
Yes! That I did know. I have been reading as much as I can. I have already decided if there are any boys they will be banded as soon as they can be. I just have to learn how to do that too. Do does normally have 1 or 2 kids for their first pregnancy? I know breeds are different and there is no way to know for sure, but... generally speaking.