Utters... I am utterly confused

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes! That I did know. I have been reading as much as I can. I have already decided if there are any boys they will be banded as soon as they can be. I just have to learn how to do that too. Do does normally have 1 or 2 kids for their first pregnancy? I know breeds are different and there is no way to know for sure, but... generally speaking.

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes! That I did know. I have been reading as much as I can. I have already decided if there are any boys they will be banded as soon as they can be. I just have to learn how to do that too. Do does normally have 1 or 2 kids for their first pregnancy? I know breeds are different and there is no way to know for sure, but... generally speaking.

Also, I did some calculations based off the information I got from the lady that I bought the goats from. My doelings birthday is Dec 18, 2020. So...hoping she didn't get pregnant before 5 or 6 months, that will put her a kidding in November or Dec.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dwarves have as many as they want. What you want is for her to have more than one so they are more likely to be nice and small.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just tossing in... I greatly prefer cutting out testicles. Heal way faster, way less pain over all. Just nicer. I like doing it at a month of age. There are many you tube videos you can watch to learn how.

Dwarves have as many as they want. What you want is for her to have more than one so they are more likely to be nice and small.

Yep... 2 is so much nicer, easier to get them out.

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just tossing in... I greatly prefer cutting out testicles. Heal way faster, way less pain over all. Just nicer. I like doing it at a month of age. There are many you tube videos you can watch to learn how.

Yep... 2 is so much nicer, easier to get them out.
Oh my ...cutting them out? I didn't know that was a thing you could do on your own. I will have to look into that. Thanks!

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Agree. Looks like pregnant! 😁

In first pics, you can see definate belly drop along with the udder. She won't go until Jan, IMO. Maybe Thanksgiving .... Congrats! Too late now.
Check out this pic! Almost a month after the other one I posted! We are patiently waiting!

Attachments

• 20211123_133405.jpg
    20211123_133405.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 136

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
So...one thing on testicles "cut out". You cut the bottom of scrotum sac and basically pull the testes out, they stretch the cord and it helps seal it. Careful cause if you cut wrong, lots of blood! Done right, little. Best to have a mentor! 🙄

Ok you guys, stop cringing, wipe those tears and pray we don't meet in an alley!!! 🤣😎😲

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Did you see the new pic of her I posted?
So...one thing on testicles "cut out". You cut the bottom of scrotum sac and basically pull the testes out, they stretch the cord and it helps seal it. Careful cause if you cut wrong, lots of blood! Done right, little. Best to have a mentor! 🙄

Ok you guys, stop cringing, wipe those tears and pray we don't meet in an alley!!! 🤣😎😲

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
See how those teats are pointing out? I bet the udder is getting tight! If so, you should have babes soon! We're waiting with ya!