Vacations & Deworming....?

MrsKuhn

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I feel like this is a dumb question, but I am still new in this goat world and want to make sure my kids are happy and healthy.

So I just got my goat records from my breeder ( she's less than organized )

Goat Records

DOB: 3/19/2016
Bose and Vitamin AD shots at day of birth
1st CDT shot 4/24/2016
2nd CDT shot 5/17/2016
1st worming 5/17/2016

Also, I was told they were tested but upon asking for test result conformation I was given the run around. Should I get them retested?

So my question is when do I give them their next vaccine & worming and what do I give them. ( no she didn't tell me, and the way she has been I don't want to ask her for help, first time buying from her and wont be doing it again )

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
CDT should be good til next year. Then you will want to do a single dose booster.

BoSe depends on your area and feed. I have to do BoSe and Copper 3-4 times a year, but I have learned over the years of owning goats that I need to do it that much. You might not need that often. Others in your area should be better at helping you determine your needs for your area and based on what you feed. If they needed BoSe when they were born, meaning they were deficient, that would indicate that you might need to do it at least a time or 2 a year. I always tell my buyers that I do it 3-4 times a year just so they are aware.

As for worms, if you can run a fecal, then you can find out if and what would be best for deworming your goats.

Most blood tests have a minimum age at which they are considered accurate. I think your kids still a little young for most tests to be considered accurate.