Vaccinations Covexin 8 vs One Shot Ultra 8

Auntina

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We used One Shot Ultra 8 to vaccinate our calves and now I am seeing alot of Covexin 8 being used by persons selling calves. I am now aware that the One Shot Ultra 8 was rather expensive compared to Covexin 8. What are the differences between the two? Also, what other shots do we need to give our calves? Is their a vaccination list and schedule I can refer to? i live in south central KS. About a 1.5 miles from teh Okie border. Oh, our claves are 3 months and we are beggining to start the bottle weaning process by reducing thier intake. They are eating alfalfa and grain pretty darn good now.

Thank you in advance for your help :)

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
The vaccination list and schedule is something that your veterinarian will have, not this site due to high variances in location and types of cattle.

And besides, there really is no difference except for the name and who they were manufactured from. Whatever you choose to use is your choice.

You can find information on Covexin 8 here and One Shot Ultra 8 here.

Auntina

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you for the input, Karin. I have tried to compare the Covexin 8 and One Shot Ultra 8 but I really don't understand the few differences I see. I will check with our vet on teh vaccinations. Thanks again.

Alice Acres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We have the Covexin available here, and that's the only one I've used. I've never used the other product.

Latest posts