Verizon Pop Up Ad Blocking Pages

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know if this is something Verizon is doing to my phone, or if it's an ad contracted with BYH. I have started noticing this a few times lately. Unlike other pop up ads, that have an X you can hit to remove them, this one says I've won something, and the only place to click is to continue on to the offer. I'm unwilling to do that, so the only way I can view BYH is to close my browser and reopen it, and hope it doesn't pop up again. (Unless there is some way to get rid of it that I haven't been able to figure out.)

I don't think it's my phone, because it doesn't happen on any other website. Only BYH. Are other people noticing this? Is there a trick to get rid of it?

I hope I'm not going to have continual problems viewing the forum. I've been enjoying reading on here ever since I visited during the BYC conversion.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting this and for the info!

I haven't found anything that might be the source of the problem, so I'm not sure it's from BYC. That said, we do serve ads through Google's AdSense program, and sometimes a rogue ad can slip through their filters (which happens across the millions of big and small sites that use their program).

We'll keep an eye on it. If it continues to happen to you or anybody else, please let me know.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here is the screen shot:
IMG_4813.PNG

And I did figure out to hit the "back" arrow, and it took me back to the page I had tried to view. So this ad isn't really a pop up. It's like it takes you to a new page. Im glad it turned out to be easy to get out of it.

I almost think it's not even connected with Verizon...

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I did some searching about these kinds of pop ups. It looks like it might be connected to cookies on my phone. So I need to clear my history and see if this particular one goes away.