Very Pregnant Pygmy Goat Bleating when pooping.

Phelps Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
0121182013.jpg 0121181635a.jpg Hello everyone.. So I wrote a few days ago asking about my doe Monkey. Who is now further along (of course) today she was being very strange, followed me everywhere I had her outside due to New York actually having some nice weather, she has never liked the deeper snow, she was running through it, well woddleing through it, due to her bagging up pretty full over night. When I put her back into her pen, she started losing her plug. Her vulva is loose and and open. My worry is... When she goes to the bathroom (the last few hours, I check her each hour) but she will pee a little bit and she crys when she poops, (a little also nothing like normal) Anyone got any ideas? I cant find any reading on this. Pregnancy, labor, prelabor all yes. But not the bleating (not loudly but still bleating).
0121182013.jpg

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Could she be having contractions and she’s pooping during the contractions? This is not uncommon and would explain the bleating and why the amount is different...

Phelps Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That could very well be what is happening. This morning since about 6:30 shes been bleating more random pooping and not popping. I think today may be the day. (Of course because my daughter has to be dropped off at college for her new semester an hour an half away) im still very nervouse and excited.

Phelps Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Her ligs are gone. Its the ones ive been feeling. With her tricking me with then soft then hard but since yesterday evening the ligs have been gone. Its sunk in by her tail. So thatll be helpful for next year. Im hoping to expand.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
OK, so it's been well over 12 hours..... Status? How's your girl doing? Has she kidded yet? Pictures! We need pictures! Hope all is well.

Lance Blythe

Just born
Reaction score
Sounds like contractions to me. I kidded 5 nannies today, 2 were first timers and acted very similar.

Phelps Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
She finally did it. Poor girl! Lucky, the first kid came out breech, I am so glad I did so much reading because when he came out he had breathed in so much fluids, but I got him to breathe as I was doing that she pushed the second one out , Sunny. Say hello to 2 beautiful bucklings. Lucky and Sunny, thank you so much for all yall help.0123181207.jpg

Latest posts