Very Sick Baby

GloriaH

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have a 3 week old Pygmy Doe that I am bottle raising. She came down with a cold. I have her on 1cc of Naxel twice a day. She is very conjested so I put her in the bathtub, sprayed the room with a Menthol, Camphor, and Eucalyptus spray. She is breathing a little better. I also have her on 3cc's of childrens Benedryll. I'm worried she isn't drinking. I have been giving her "Goat Magic' and trying to get her to take electralite with a syringe. Can I give her fluids Sub-Q? What should I give her and how much? Can I use a Saline solution? Thanks for the help...Gloria

GloriaH

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I thought I had better do something quick, so I made up a Steril Saline solution and gave it to her Sub-Q. She took in 48cc's pretty quick. She hadn't had really anything to drink in two days so I thought I had better do something. I'll keep posting...G

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I don't know goats so, I can't really help you--other than ask if you can tube? That's what we do with calves. :idunno

And to wish you luck with your little one. :fl

GloriaH

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Maggie just passed. I know that they can go quick. The reason she wasn't sucking is that she was stuffed up. She wasn't really healthy when I got her. The lady that raised them was not taking care of her herd. Both the girls I got from her were just loaded with lice when I got them. I know she was happy the last couple of weeks. She was spoiled rotten...G

GloriaH

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you all. I still have her fiesty little sister. As she was going I just kept rocking her in my arms and kept telling her it was ok to go. My DH even had a hard time with this...G