Viva la France

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Long live France
I know we've had our differences recently, but we are praying for you and your people tonight.

:thumbsup

Last edited:

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have an 11 year old daughter. We screen her from this type of thing on the news. It breaks my heart so badly. I don't want her to even know about these things.
Before this happened today, it was in the news today that we got Jihadi John, that British Citizen on all the videos beheading people. I mentioned to my wife that they had gotten him. Rachel wanted to know what we were talking about.
I don't want to tell my 11 year old daughter that we evaporated a person with a Hellfire missile someone who deserved it because he was a sadistic murderer who beheaded people.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have an 11 year old daughter. We screen her from this type of thing on the news. It breaks my heart so badly. I don't want her to even know about these things.
Before this happened today, it was in the news today that we got Jihadi John, that British Citizen on all the videos beheading people. I mentioned to my wife that they had gotten him. Rachel wanted to know what we were talking about.
I don't want to tell my 11 year old daughter that we evaporated a person with a Hellfire missile someone who deserved it because he was a sadistic murderer who beheaded people.

Her innocence will be lost soon enough without her watching world events on the news. Then, at some point, you can have those conversations with her, just not now.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
my thoughts and prayers are with the people of paris.
OneFineAcre, knowing when and how to explain the evils of this world is a tough one. my guess is you will know then it's time.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
My heart goes out to France and those affected by this... so terrible :(

@OneFineAcre - I read long ago about a little girl, on a trip with her father, who asked a difficult question. He father replied by asking her to carry his suitcase. When she said it was too heavy for her, he said "Yes, and it would be a pretty poor father who would ask his little girl to carry such a load. It's the same way, Corrie, with knowledge. Some knowledge is too heavy for children. When you are older and stronger you can bear it. For now you must trust me to carry it for you." (I had to look up the reference, it's from The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom).

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was afraid for Friday the 13th, I know a few to bad coincidences

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Kids will hear about all of the " too heavy " news at school, play yard, etc. and the parent will not have a say or words of comfort in it. My parents always had the news on the radio / TV on before dinner , so all of us 4 kids watched the world news every night as we grew up . All 3 of our kids did too. This way we heard what the news people said that has NO spin or embelishment added by their peers as the word gets around. Life is life and it goes around, so us as parents should always tell the truth to our kids or they will hear of the incidents with all of the embelishments added and get really confused and think that we are lying to them when we finally speak with them. :old

Latest posts