Walkie Talkies/Radios

DellaMyDarling

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I need some suggestions!
I think this is the right place to put it.

We want some radios, I'm thinking 4 total, to fit these requirements:

Budget friendly
Charges by dock or plug in cable
Child friendly
Reliable up to 2 miles is probably our max, but more is better
We are in an area with lots of stuff for signal to bounce off of, so may need higher range radios just to combat that
Won't die if dropped in a puddle, water bucket, or filled with animal dusts
Has a clip

What can you tell me?

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I need some suggestions!
I think this is the right place to put it.

We want some radios, I'm thinking 4 total, to fit these requirements:

Budget friendly
Charges by dock or plug in cable
Child friendly
Reliable up to 2 miles is probably our max, but more is better
We are in an area with lots of stuff for signal to bounce off of, so may need higher range radios just to combat that
Won't die if dropped in a puddle, water bucket, or filled with animal dusts
Has a clip

What can you tell me?
Depending on how big your farm is. the range is still important... The Motorola MH230R provides clear communication over hill and dale up to 23 miles. My friend told me about this. you can try to check it.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We got the DeWalt radios, love them.... they are used on construction sites...very durable.
Got them on amazon :)
Placed an order from amazon before. maybe it's just that delivery, But I didn't like it. It's not working properly. It just didn't feel right. Good Luck on you reordering. :(:(:(

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Placed an order from amazon before. maybe it's just that delivery, But I didn't like it. It's not working properly. It just didn't feel right. Good Luck on you reordering. :(:(:(
Another order made through Amazon. I tried to order a keyboard and a mouse. I liked the keyboard because of its neon lights so my wife can sleep with the lights off while i'm working on the computer.. guess what? the keyboard lights didn't work.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another order made through Amazon. I tried to order a keyboard and a mouse. I liked the keyboard because of its neon lights so my wife can sleep with the lights off while i'm working on the computer.. guess what? the keyboard lights didn't work.

We live so far from any place to shop that we order most items through Amazon. Prime....still haven't had any problems...sorry you are having these kind of issues, it would sour me on ordering online also.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We live so far from any place to shop that we order most items through Amazon. Prime....still haven't had any problems...sorry you are having these kind of issues, it would sour me on ordering online also.
I agree... The reason we order was the distance. I've ordered multiple times a week, but those are groceries... the issues I'm having is when I tried to order accessories, I guess its the courier? the handling? I will definitely get to the bottom of this.

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
we use cobras
they are rechargeable by usb and plug in
they are waterproof
great range
you can lock buttons and channels so they can be kid friendly so kids can press one button to talk and answer
we have dropped ours in the snow when we lived in the mountains and now that we live in dusty desert we've dropped them in sand, dust, pig pens and duck poop and we still have the same pair and we bought almost ten years ago I think we paid 50-75 dollars at best buy back then. and yes they have removable clips

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Water Proof??? that sounds pretty nice. I'm looking online for a waterproof PTT... But they seem to be very pricey... anything you know that has a decent price tag on them? I mean we want a good Item but we don't wanna be scammed, do we?? :D:D:D

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I currently have some free crappy second hand motorolas. Plan is to get a better GMSR radio setup. Basestation in travel trailer and pair of handhelds for hiking and camping. GMRS license WREE666, autogenerated would you believe it?

Latest posts