Wanted: Rabbit Hides

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have updated this as of November 28th, 2017.

I am looking to barter for rabbit hides, as I know there are a few folks on here that raise and process rabbits. I have a project in mind that I could use several for, with no particular colors or size in mind. I would like to barter with seed, crafts, or other goods. I am able to get deer hides locally in hunting season, but that only lasts til February. I wanted to reach out and see if this is a possibility, as I know some folks store the hides by freezing them.

Some things I can barter:
*Heirloom seeds from corn, pumpkins, gourds, and more
*Craftwork
*Return a hide or two tanned back to you
*Locally- (I am in East-Central Alabama) walking sticks, firewood, rough cut/live edge wood

If you have any other ideas for a barter please let me know.

Please respond or message me if you could possibly help. Thank you!

Last edited:

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@promiseacres - That's actually just fine. I have the means to tan them. They'd have to be dry to mail, we usually just salt any hides we have to remove moisture before we store them.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Might have some feral hog tusks laying around somewhere. If not, I'm sure I will have again before very long.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can have all the beaver pelts, teeth and anything else beaver related you want from my place. Just come and get 'em out of the ponds.
I'll a loan a ya a rifle and ammo of your choice.
(I am only 1/2 way joking--they have become a full time burdensome problem)

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to update and say that I would like to barter for rabbit hides. I have a project in mind for a sort of jacket/vest for the Winter that I would like to make with rabbit. I have some wild rabbit furs and would like to continue to make it with more possibly from domestic rabbits.

Latest posts