1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Baymule’s 4th Lambing. - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Warm Water Needed

Discussion in 'Everything Else Goats' started by reneerising, Dec 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dec 7, 2018
    reneerising

reneerising Exploring the pasture

I have an enclosed stable with 3 separate sections for my goats with their own water buckets. Beside the stable is a small building with electric.

Their water was icy yesterday morning.

How can I keep their water from freezing? I have seen the buckets with cords but i would need 3 and an extension cord for them to connect to. Nervous about this setup.

I thought of if I have one large tank for water with a warmer to just it in the building then how could i get this warm water to them.

Any suggestions on how to keep their water warm?

2. Dec 7, 2018
    WILLIFORD

WILLIFORD Ridin' The Range

just a thought, I'm not sure if it would work or not, but in our greenhouse we use to keep a black 55 gallon drum full of water. It worked as a heat sink. During the hotter part of the day the water in the black barrel would absorb heat and warm up. Then at night the barrel of water being warmer, would radiate heat back into the greenhouse. You might try using something like this to see if it will stay warm enough to prevent freezing. Obviously you would need to place it in an area that would get the most sun exposure during the day. With our climate, we might have to worry about the water freezing overnight once or twice a year. Hope that helps